“The staff definitely make for an enjoyable stay.”

Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nanaimo, Canada
“The staff definitely make for an enjoyable stay.”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed two nights in an ocean view room. Was quiet and peaceful. The staff is exemplary!
First hotel I've ever stayed in that the hot water was immediate - no delay whatsoever, even during high demand times of day. And i've stayed in many hotels. I can definitely advise anyone that they can feel comfortable in choosing this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kay-gm, General Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
I am so pleased to read your review, and although our staff receive a huge number of positive comments for being helpful and friendly and professional ... I believe this is the first time I've read "exemplary" ... so Thank You!
Kay Koot, general manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Like some of the other reviews the rooms are dated. I was here for one night and that did not bother me ( over the years this is my third stay). I have stayed at much more expensive hotels with access to fewer outlets, yes outlets have become so important to a room. The rooms are clean, yes they are old, but they are clean and reasonably priced. The location is excellent and you can always get a parking or breakfast package. The pool was closed for renos but there was a lot of warnings on that one. The fitness centre is huge, which is fantastic, no waiting time.They have put bottles of water in the room, 500ml, for $1.00. That is amazing, cheaper than most convenience stores- smart move. For a one night stay, maybe even two, for work, it is fine, not sure I would stay here for pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for an water view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
When I read a review from a Top Contributor the comments are so valuable, and I thank you for adding them. As a frequent hotel guest, obviously with experience at more expensive hotels, I really appreciate some of the points that you've made: lots of power outlets, clean and reasonably-priced, along with mention of our huge Fitness Centre. Hoping you may return once the pool & hot tub resurfacing project are complete.
many thanks,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Beautiful location, excellent front desk staff, reasonable nightly rate which included a full buffet breakfast and Wifi. However, this hotel is in serious need of a makeover!! The rooms are so outdated. I wouldn't stay there again based on that.

Room Tip: The king beds are definitely more comfortable than the queen beds.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kay-gm, General Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
I thank you for all the positive aspects that you recognized which we have within our control (excellent front desk, reasonable rate including Full Buffet Breakfast for a Suite and complimentary WiFi). We have just received the approval for installation of the SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts standard 42" flatscreen "smart" tv into all of our guestrooms (quite a sizable capital expenditure).
Best regards,
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great reception, friendly staff, rented a suite for the Dine Around Victoria event. Super price, included parking, free WIFI, and a sumptuous free breakfast. Just down steps away is a great restaurant, the Harbour House.

This hotel is easy walking distance to central downtown Victoria, and has a great view of the inner harbour.

Definitely a return visit is warranted!

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor overlooking the inner harbour and right in front of the Ferry terminal for...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Kay-gm, General Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Wonderful to welcome you to Victoria for Dine Around and Stay in Town ... thanks for coming from Nanaimo!
Next time you're in Victoria, as you state, a return visit to say with us at our great location with our friendly staff at a super price ... you will be welcome!
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay at a good price. The front desk staff were awesome and upgraded us to a suite because it was my birthday. Awesome gym, warm pool, good location. The rooms are a bit out of date but not too bad. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank jono5565
Many thanks for your short and sweet review ... in particular I appreciate the use of the word "awesome", describing both the front desk staff as well as our gym.
What we market is indeed that we are a great place to stay at a good price!
Happy Birthday!
Best Regards,
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have to wonder if any of these good reviewers have ever stayed in a nice hotel. This is not one of those. I bought an Island Daily Deal and got a king ocean view suite for 99$. Thank goodness, because if I had to pay full price I would have left and demanded my money back. The rooms are horribly outdated. The carpets were badly stained, and crusty in some places like they hadnt been cleaned at all. There were also crusty stains on the couch. The duvet on the bed was barely anything, and when I called the front desk for an extra, I was told they dont have extra duvets. What?? There were mold spots on the roof in the shower, the shower drain was clogged. The reception on the TV in the bedroom was unwatchable. The heat didnt work which was brutal because the blanket wasnt warm or thick at all and they ' dont have spare duvets'. There are no windows in the pool/hottub area and it feels like you are in a basement. The only good things I can say for this hotel? Great views, and great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lyndsey, I am saddened to read your review, for many reasons, but must apologize for your less than satisfactory experience.
I believe I can assure you that all of our very positive and even glowing reviewers have done so in a number of cities and in nice hotels. I'm especially sorry to read a couple of your comments, which I will certainly be following up on ... if I can. First, clearly our front desk associates need to be re-trained, because not only is there an extra duvet in a clear plastic bag in the closet of every room (where they should have advised you to look), but of course Housekeeping has extra! In addition, although some elements such as updating our decor are currently beyond our control, our Housekeeping department prides itself on cleanliness - totally within our control. I wonder whether you reported what you discovered, giving my team the chance to address them while you were still in house?
I am happy that you did describe our Breakfast Buffet as great.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We recently celebrated our 42nd Anniversary at the Harbour Towers in Victoria.
We had a beautiful suite on the eighth floor overlooking the Inner Harbour. Everything was very clean. The best part of this hotel was the front desk service people, Anita and Tara. They provided the best customer service that we have ever received anywhere!

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I suggest a water-side view. I don't think we could have enjoyed the Inner Harbour as much if we...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to celebrate the special occasion with us!
Thanks to your comment, both Anita and Tara in Guest Services will receive recognition in the form of a nomination for our Champions In Action program. A review with a statement that they provided the best customer service you have ever received anywhere! ... Wow!!
Looking forward to welcoming you back!