“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nanaimo
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a great hotel this is. When we first got there, I saw there was stairs to get up into the lobby/1st floor and I was worried as my mobility is not good but as we approached closer there was a way to get in easier. Our room/suite was fabulous. We did not have a good experience with the restaurant attached over dinner but sometime you win, sometimes you lose. This would not stop me from going back.

Room Tip: There was no room service.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annie & Peter W
Kay-gm, General Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Really appreciate the 5-Stars and happy that you enjoyed your Suite experience. Please do return and give Vic's Steakhouse another chance ... not knowing what was not good, still I'm certain that the team can recover.
Kay Koot, general manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were in Victoria for a wedding this past weekend. The Harbour Towers one bedroom suite on the 9th floor was very large and the lovely cleaning staff was amazing! The location was central and awesome. Clearly the hotel is old and parts of it smelled musty. The room decor was also dated but also charming. This is a great place to stay with family as there is a large sitting room and kitchenette. I would stay there again for sure. Parking was expensive however... Wireless is included.

Room Tip: Seriously the lovely woman in charge of cleaning on the 9th floor suites is the best I have ever met...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I just love it when I read similar comments from our guests as what we here at the hotel say: that the suites are large and perfectly suitable for families. Our Housekeeping ladies will be recognized and I'll ensure that we commend your favourite on the 9th floor.
Counting on saying Welcome Back,
Eastern Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a 2-bedroom suite on the 10th floor on the Harbor Side. The view of the harbor comings and goings (seaplanes, ferries, boats) were endlessly fascinating. The rooms were CLEAN, and we could tell they were working to replace worn furniture. Beds were harder than we were used to. Bathrooms were tiny but we had two! The water pressure was surprising, to say the least. I came out from my first shower and said "I now know what it's like to shower by firehose!" Others in my party loved it! Breakfast variety was very good and included with suites. At $14/person, I'm not sure I would pay separately. Staff unfailingly courteous, friendly and responsive. Is it luxe and fancy? No. Clean, great location, good value, friendly staff. YES!

Room Tip: Pick a room on HARBOR side, the higher the better. Kind of confusing because the other side you can...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Appreciating your 5-star review and the details ... especially those highlighting what we take pride in and can control: cleanliness, value, friendly staff and breakfast.
Although we cannot take credit for the location and the view .. we certainly never hesitate to announce that there are few hotels which can match the view from the rooms (8th floor up).
Thank You!
Gulf Islands, British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've been staying at the Harbour Towers since 1998, usually a couple of times each year. It is always comfortable, staff are very helpful and knowledgeable, buffet breakfast is excellent, suites are roomy and bright. My sisters and I have taken to staying once a year for a get-together, the hotel is close to all the interesting tourist stops, and the James Bay area is great for walking, especially along the waterfront. The pool is usually quite warm and there's a large exercise area. We were able to take our dog with us last year, as they have pet friendly rooms too - make sure to check in advance if you are planning to bring a pet. The HT is a home away from home for us!

Room Tip: I prefer the view over Juan de Fuca Strait, towards Port Angeles in the summer, you can see the crui...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you from your "home away from home' family! I am thrilled when I learn of another guest who has been choosing to stay with us for so many years while visiting Victoria! As such a loyal / repeat guest I will make reference to your Room Tip preference for the view of the Juan de Fuca Strait and Olympic Mountains.
Looking forward to saying "Welcome Back",
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have been somewhat reluctant to write this review....I think I wanted to keep it secret ... But The Harbour Towers deserves the accolades so here goes...
If you wish to stay in Victoria and have the best location, service, view, and value... Harbour Towers is the Hotel!
Convenient to the inner harbour, Beacon Hill park, Parliament buildings and the BC Museum.. this hotel is the place to park your car and leave it for your stay.
Right from booking with a live person at their property who looked to see which room we were in last time ( which we loved ) and booked the exact room for us again BY NUMBER!... Secure Parking...Full Hot Breakfast Buffet ... Easy check in / out... Clean rooms ... free wi fi... Stunning Harbour views and very comfortable beds and pillows ... We cant wait to go back again.. we consider Harbour Towers our unofficial Victoria "time share "

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kay-gm, General Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
So of COURSE we are thankful that you have decided NOT to keep your opinion to yourself and extremely appreciative of all the lovely accolades. You've even recognized that it is all our own Front Office associates who answer the telephone to make your reservation for you.
Your Victoria "time share" awaits!
Comox, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Where to begin...first the only up-side. The room was very large. We booked a one room bedroom suite, were placed on the third floor, and our view consisted of the roof of the hotel. Windows were new in the 1950's and looked like they hadn't been cleaned since. The TV got poor reception on almost every channel. There was no TV in the bedroom, and there was also no room service. Did I mention there was no air conditioning? We had to pry open the rusted windows to cool the room down. Tub didn't drain properly, toilet didn't flush properly. Carpet was ancient and dirty. For three hours, a dog in the room directly above us was barking non-stop. Hotel staff checked it out, and said it must be a dog out on the street. I told them to look again. Upon confirming the barking dog, they offered to move us and our sleeping daughter to another room at 9pm. Oh... and the best part was the sound of the fridge going on all night long and making the stove top directly above it rattle like a power tool. Worst $200 we ever spent! DO NOT check into this hotel. You have been warned. We will look much closer at reviews next time.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank kdheff2014
Kay-gm, General Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
I am so very sorry to read of this experience and on behalf of my entire Team do apologize. Indeed the suites on the lower floors cannot have the same awesome view as above the 7th floor but all the interior aspects of the room within our control certainly should not have been discovered by a guest.
I invite you to contact me directly so that I may have the opportunity to personally apologize.
250-480-6575
Nanoose Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I spent a night here recently and found it to be great value. The service was good, the room was clean and well appointed, the location couldn't be better and the price was right. We met friends for drinks in the bar downstairs and the server had a great sense of humour and gave us great service. All in all...a good experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judy L
Kay-gm, General Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
We really appreciate reading all the positive comments about our service especially, and mentioning a Server in Vic's Lounge with a sense of humour - we do have that!
Excellent value is just what we seek to achieve ... so thanks!