We upgraded our stay to the penthouse and it was worth every penny. Great view of the inner harbour and spacious room for the kids and dog. Beds were extremely comfortable. I slept through the nights with no problems and I usually have a hard time sleeping in foreign places.
No air conditioning which was weird but they do provide fans upon request. Didn't have any problems with temperature, we opened the windows to let in the fresh breezes. Enjoyed our cup of coffee as we watch the sea planes land and take off from our amazing balcony view.
Only complaints? The bathrooms could use a bit of work. We had plumbing problems but were dealt with promptly and efficiently. The balconies need to be clean on a regular basis, I'm not a keen fan of stepping on bird poo each time we want to use the balcony. Dishes in the kitchen need to be clean better, I had to scrub all our plates before use, not to mention cleaning the microwave a bit which was gross. Parking is tight, tight, tight! Oh yes, not too crazy about waking up at 5am to the sound of screeching seagulls either.
Fast and quick wifi though beware if you are using a laptop, they tack on plenty of pop up adware so be careful when you log on. It was ok when I use my iPad (apart from the painful logging On and off every so often) but my husband had to stop using his laptop because of hotel ads popping on each time. Had to remove the adware using his cellphone eventually.
Our housekeeper was super friendly and professional. She provided us with ample supply of clean bottled water each morning. Fresh towels everyday which was a bonus.
Breakfast was included with the meal. Super busy. Variety was good although I was tired of breakfast by day four. (We stayed three nights). Good selection of baked goods though I wish the croissants were not so stale. Waffles were a nice touch though you had to make your own. Enjoyed the eggs and love the smoothies in shot glasses. Not a fan of greasy bacon and sausages but they do offer those. Good coffee.
I had a bad experience the last time I was here and had vowed never to come back. My husband convinced me that it was worth it and am so glad we came back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites we believe "It's the little things that make the difference". From our professional front desk personnel to our dedicated room attendants, our ultimate goal is to provide the impeccable service and extra little touches that will make your visit memorable. The Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites offers some of the most spacious and comfortably appointed accommodations in Victoria. Most of our rooms and suites have balconies and many display breathtaking views of the vibrant Inner Harbour or the majestic Olympic Mountains and the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, you can rest assured that at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, your comfort is our primary concern. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Towers Hotel Victoria
- Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites Victoria, Vancouver Island