“Great views, either side”

Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Red Deer, Canada
“Great views, either side”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The hotel is right in downtown Victoria, just a couple of blocks from the Inner Harbour. The restaurant in the hotel is excellent, and there are two or three more restaurants within the block. There are great views from either side of the hotel. The pool and hot tub were clean, and the staff allowed us to stay late in the pool one evening, all we had to do was ask.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
VictoriaHTH, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 October 2010
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful views available from either side of our hotel. In addition, I am glad to hear that you had an excellent dinning experience at the Vic’s Steakhouse and Bar. Please know that we will share your feedback with all departments involved and are grateful for the opportunity to do so. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites during a future stay in Victoria.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Good hotel but a little aged. About 10 mins walk from Victoria tourist strip. If staying soon be aware someone is building a house on western side and hammering away all day.
Vic's steakhouse adjoining hotel is good for service and food.
If you want a nice quaint place to have a good value snack/meal in town try the Dutch Bakery 718 Fort Street.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed Vic’s Steakhouse and Bar and that you received great service from our restaurant staff. Please know that we will share your feedback with all departments involved and are grateful for the opportunity to do so. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites during a future stay in Victoria.
vancouver canada
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past 8 years. I would rate the service level as excellent. The cleanliness of the rooms has been very good over the years for the exception of my last visit, I found this white film on the night table I should have said something but I didn't but over a 2 night stay housekeeping didn't notice it either. I am a corporate traveler and there are perks that I enjoy when I stay here but while the lobby is new and somewhat modern the rooms are in great need of a total renovation other hotels in the area are charging very similar rates with "modern rooms" this hotel lacks that new modern feeling which I have come to expect when I travel. The Marriott in downtown was actually 10.00 a night cheaper... there is a huge difference in quality. Again this hotel has excellent service, great people, the rooms just give you that 70's feeling the kitchens are very dated the carpet is worn etc. etc. It would be nice if the rooms were upgraded after all I don't care about the lobby and what it looks like I'm not sleeping in the lobby... they may also want to fix the T.V. as well for 8 years now you never know what channel the T.V. is on because the channel number doesn't appear on the screen T.V.'s as well are very old and loosing their color.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank excelden
Errington, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2010

My teenage daughter and I wanted to go on a girl trip that included shopping in Victoria before she went back to school. When we looked online at the prices we found Harbour towers to be well priced for the area and the reviews on trip advisor were good. I called and Robert who took our reservation agreed to meet the internet price that was $20 cheaper than their listed price. We shopped for most of the day and checked in around 5pm, our room was ready and check in was easy. I didn't know that there was a $12 charge to park in the underground, I guess I should have checked the fine print. The location is excellent for walking around downtown and exploring. We realized that we had forgotten our toothpast and asked at the front desk and got to meet Robert who gave us two cute little toothpaste tubes. The staff was great, the hotel was very clean (I was a hotel maid for 5 years so I am picky) and the price was reasonable for the location. The best part was that the beds were incredibly comfortable, I usually have difficulties sleeping in hotel beds but it was so quiet and comfy I slept like a log. The room was pretty small but we were only there for the one night so it was okay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 1 September 2010

The website showed "complimentary" parking for week long stays but it actually costs $12 per day.

No wi-fi available. There is an ethernet plug in the room but the internet is slow and not and not even an option for ipad or iphone users.

The room has what appears to be white cat or dog hairs. Not good for allergies.

I will not be staying here again and would not recommend this to anyone else.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank bendbits
VictoriaHTH, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 16 September 2010
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites. We appreciate that you took the time to express your issues so that we have the opportunity to resolve them. Please accept our sincere apologies for the fact that we did not create a pleasant experience for you. Please know that we will share your feedback with all departments involved and are grateful for the opportunity to do so. This feedback will allow us to improve both our service delivery and product. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Staying at harbour suites right now. Washroom was full of pubic hair on floor. Asked them to clean it and had to wait one hour. No apology which was disappointing. Spoke to two different front desk people. Head housekeeper came on shift and said she was "appaulled". Said the bathroom hadn't been cleaned.

We also asked for a crib to be in our room. Upon check in I confirmed this . It wasn't there. A guy brought it to my door after I phoned for it and told me to assemble it. Are you kidding me? I had trouble with it so he came. He spent some time with it and eventully did it. Keep in mind our baby had woken up by this point.

The head housekeeper felt bad for us and gave a couple of breakfast vouchers but a sincere apology would have been nice from the hotel/front desk. She was nice though

• Stayed August 2010
Spokane, Wash
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Two friends and I spent 3 nights here--we came from Seattle on the Clipper which arrived at 11:15 so we were at the hotel before noon knowing that check-in wasn't until 4 but hoping we could leave our luggage and walk to lunch. We were able to check in right then without any problems. It was a wonderful location--easily within walking distance of the major attractions. We looked out to the harbor and enjoyed the view and watching the activity. The room was large with 2 queen beds and 2 sinks which makes getting ready much easier. The entire hotel staff that we encountered was friendly and helpful. We would definitely go back again!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends