“Very good room and very helpful staff, we had wonderful time”

Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Very good room and very helpful staff, we had wonderful time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

We stayed in Harbour Towers in Oceanview King One Bedroom Suite on 31/12/10 - 02/01/11, with 3 children - 3, 11 and 13. The room was large, especially the living room with the balcony and great view on the harbour (8th floor). Some previous reviews say that the rooms were outdated, we did not find it at all, everything was clean, furtniture fairly fresh. May be, just the kitchenette was slightly old looking and did not fully fit the design of the room. Generally, we were very happy with the room and view and children loved it. Location was perfect for us as well.
Staff were very helpful and nice. I asked for a rollaway bed and got it straight away and we did not get charged for the bed. We also were not charged for the parking at all (I was not sure if it was included at the time of booking and printed out a coupon for free parking which was supposed to be valid only for one day). Also, one of our daughters dropped her MP3 player into the elevator shaft, they could not get it straight away, but said they would mail it to us. I rang them today (few days after we came back) and they said it would be mailed tomorrow which I tend to believe.
We had a buffet breakfast on 1 January which we all thoroughly enjoyed. Eggs, pancakes and sausages and everything were wonderful, but I found bacon a bit too greasy and it did not have much taste. With 13.99 per adult, half-price for 2 older kids and no charge for 3-years old we thought it was a great bargain.
We were very happy that we chose this hotel, the price was good (I got 127/night plus taxes, booked online). I am sure we will stay there again when we come back to Victoria again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

I booked the most inexpensive room, as I was only there one night as we were hosting a function in their meeting room. (meeting was great, food very good as well) the room was adequate. A bit on the worn side, but still clean, and appears the housekeepers do a good job. I was baffled that the didn't have air conditioning. I couldn't figure out how to turn it on, so I checked the compendium, it said to "ask for assistance if you do not understand the heating and cooling system" so I asked the housekeeper who stated "we don't have air conditioning" wasn't a big issue, I just opened the window wide, which was on a low floor which overlooked the roof. Only bad part was I had to hear the kitchen fan. I still slept well. I'm not too picky as long as the staff is kind, and the room is clean, and well maintained. the fintess room is fantastic, well equipped, unfortunately, they were repairing the pool and spa, so I couldn't use the sauna, though the did offer to use the facilities at another hotel which I declined. no big deal, good to see them making repairs. Had breakfast in the restaurant, was good, service good too. I enjoyed my quick stay, great location, nice staff, good value, complimentary internet is a real plus, thank you.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

Harbour Towers is always a nice hotel to stay in. it's quiet, got a great location and on the top levels, has the best views in the city. Also Vic's Steakhouse is a fabulous restaurant and bar

• Stayed November 2010
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

My husband, our 2-year-old, and I stayed at the Harbour Towers during our first visit to Victoria. We had booked a standard room but to our delight we were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite with a king-sized bed. The suite was quite spacious and having the separate living area with kitchenette made the stay with our toddler much easier (we got take-out for dinner, and we could hang out in the living room after putting him to bed). We had a splendid view toward the Olympic Peninsula. The bathroom, kitchen, and linens were all quite clean. Minor downsides: the room's decor and carpet were rather dated and a bit worn, and our bedroom was next to the elevator shaft. Not luxury accommodation, but comfortable and a good value.

Another plus: we didn't need to pay for parking because street parking across the street from the lobby is free on weekends--we didn't need to move our car at all during our Friday-Sunday stay. It was an easy walk to the Royal BC Museum, Beacon Hill Park, and the Inner Harbour. We also walked to Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cjp103
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

I have been staying at the this hotel for over 20 years. It's okay as far as Victoria hotels go, Victoria hotels tend to be on the shabby side and expensive compared to other cities. The hotel is neat, clean, and staff are pretty good. The hotel can be on the noisy side on weekends with people coming in from the bars between 2-5am, so make sure you stay away from the elevators and ask for quiet room. Noise in the hallways has been an issue for my two visits this year. On this visit, the front desk lost my reservation and tried to book me under a different rate plan which did not include complimentary parking (as my original booking included). I firmly advised that my original booking included complimentary parking and that is what I expected. I was beginning to wonder if I had imagined making the booking! Unfortunately, I forgot the printed e-mail confirmation at home. Eventually, my booking was sorted out, but upon check out and paying my bill - I was charged for parking. Also, the hotel chain's reward program gives us a "complimentary appetizer" for each stay that was not offered to me on this visit. This wasn't all that important, so I didn't remind the reception clerk. Make sure you print out your email confirmation and present it at check in, I almost wonder if the front desk purposely set out to "lose" my booking so they could charge parking, which would have added $25 to my weekend bill. Oh, and if a pool is important to you, make sure it is in service. If it is closed, you can go to the hotel next door. The hotel is okay, restaurant downstairs is good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Wet_Coast1
VictoriaHTH, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites. It is wonderful to hear that you have been staying with us for over 20 years. Please accept our apologies for the difficulty you experienced during check-in. Please know that we will share your feedback with our Reservations and Front Office departments and are grateful for the opportunity to do so. I am glad to hear that you enjoy our Restaurant, The Vic’s Steakhouse and Bar, and that our associates consistently provide great service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbour Towers during your next stay in Victoria.
Prince George, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

We had heard that this hotel might be a little out-dated, but we didn't find that at all. Our room was good and very clean, the staff were friendly, the parking was secure, and the location was perfect for exploring downtown. The restaurant was great with more friendly staff, a good menu and reasonable prices- the food was very good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

The hotel is right in downtown Victoria, just a couple of blocks from the Inner Harbour. The restaurant in the hotel is excellent, and there are two or three more restaurants within the block. There are great views from either side of the hotel. The pool and hot tub were clean, and the staff allowed us to stay late in the pool one evening, all we had to do was ask.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
VictoriaHTH, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 October 2010
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful views available from either side of our hotel. In addition, I am glad to hear that you had an excellent dinning experience at the Vic’s Steakhouse and Bar. Please know that we will share your feedback with all departments involved and are grateful for the opportunity to do so. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites during a future stay in Victoria.