We are still residing here for the week of this writing. First of all the hotel rooms in the Erickson wing are wonderful with most amenities provided for. The view is tremendous, especially if you are not used to the ocean and a harbour. Boats of all kinds, seaplanes and walkers along beautiful trails envelope the eyes. So far the food has been good though i personally find it a bit expensive for my tastes.
What I am finding MOST frustrating is what I consider to be essentials these days. First - internet access. I am only speaking of wireless here. I use an Ipad and have become quite dependent on wireless. I use it for everything not just the social media stuff but also planning my trip, looking up things etc. Currently i am sitting in the corridor because that is the only place to get good service! The only other place is in the entrance to the room and the bathroom. Once into room especially at the far end where the chairs and patio are there is virtually nothing! many calls to the front desk and to their provider yielded no results. Shameful really.
Second frustration is the television service. It doesn't even have a menu on it to see what is coming up. So one needs to go onling to "Zap2it" for example. Oh waitI can't - no wireless. Screen size is small too. I have seen 40" LCD's at cheaper hotels. Here it they are 32".
The thing is when you are paying for an upgraded room to the tune of $220 dollars or so I expect far better than what is being provided!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing at the edge of Victoria's Inner harbour is a property of unparalleled distinction. With 200 guest rooms, spectacular waterviews, private balconies and 10,000 sq. ft of meeting space, Inn at Laurel Point is your downtown Victoria hotel. Shopping, entertainment venues, and tourist attractions are all a short stroll from our welcome mat. Take a break from the ordinary, soak up the water views and come stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn at Laurel Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Laurel Point Hotel Victoria
- Hotel At Laurel Point
- At Laurel Point Victoria
- Inn At Laurel Point Victoria, Vancouver Island