“One night stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Victoria, Canada
“One night stay”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The Inn at Laurel Point is tucked away among pricey condos and bed a breakfasts along the waterfront a short walk away from the tourist and capitol area of downtown Victoria. It is a non standard hotel style featuring many modern elements such as bathrooms almost entirely composed of polished granite. The building itself reminds me of a modern luxury cruise ship from the outside but ultra modern posh deco on the inside.
The newer renovated rooms are spacious and completely updated. The WIFI internet was free and fast.
The location is perfect in my opinion. It is only a few blocks away from the Parliament building and a two minute walk in the other direction to Fisherman's Warf. There is a municipal walking path circumnavigating Laurel Point and it can be directly accessed from the hotel. There are many photo ops to be enjoyed on the Laurel Point Path especially during the summer months.
This hotel will not disappoint!
We had our breakfast in the hotel restaurant "Aura". It is a highly rated restaurant that draws many Victoria residents for its quality yet fare priced cuisine and wonderful harbour views. Since it is winter here in Victoria we did not get to enjoy the patio but from what I could see it looks like it is very well designed and appointed.
The hotel features a real Japanese garden. A great place to take memorable photos.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are very economically priced but I would spend a little more and get the newer re...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ronald M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Korean first
Lake Cowichan, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Laurel Point Inn for a quick overnight to shop. Our stay was very comfortable and the value was very good. We did the Bed and Breakfast package which included secure underground parking which was important to us. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and even upgraded our room upon arrival. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a room with a view which was very nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed at the Inn and Laurel Point for business including using the meeting facilities. The room was comfortable and clean with a great view of the ocean. The main issue was the lack of soundproofing between the rooms. I could hear my neighbours TV on all night which was annoying.

The food was really good and the conference facilities definitely met our group's needs.

Room Tip: If possible look for one with a view and not have a room that is adjoining.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Victoria
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I would love to say thank you to all the staff at the inn especially Sean in reservations, they all made my in-laws 36th wedding anniversary amazing and memorable for them, they worked with me to make the weekend completely smooth and stress free, they also arranged so that I could do all the checking in and out so that my in-laws didn't see any of the costs involved in their stay!! The rooms was amazing in the Ericson wing overlooking the Japanese garden and ocean beyond. Top notch service and employees all around, please pass on my kudos to Sean without him it wouldn't have been as easy!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I dont know where to start! This property is amazing... From start to finish we had a great time. We stayed in the Erickson wing in a Studio King suite. The bathroom was very luxurious and spacious and the bedroom was huge. There was a small sitting area right by the large sliding doors which had a perfect view out onto the harbour. I didn't leave that spot for most of our stay. You really cant go wrong here as every room has harbours views. Each night we took a stroll along the harbour front and walked downtown. Only took us about 7 min so It has great location. I could go on and on about the property and the room and how impressed I was but more importantly the staff there blew me away ! From the moment we walked in those front doors we were treated like Royalty. After a quick and easy check in we made our way up to our room and met another employee in the elevator. He was delivering food to a room and the moment he saw us he asked how we were doing, told us that we were really going to like our stay and told us a little bit about the floor we were staying on ( Floor 3, which has some great artifacts in the hallway). I really appreciated this as It made me feel very welcome. Any other time I called the front desk or entered the lobby there was always someone there to help or suggest somewhere to go or something to do. You could tell they really enjoyed their job. Awesome to see.

I have heard the restaurant is a must try but we did not get the time to stop in there. Its on my list for next time.

I would suggest this hotel to anyone going to Victoria. Its a great option for those that really want to be surrounded by what the beautiful Victoria has to offer. Only a 5 minute walk to Fishermans bay which you must see while in Victoria !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I love staying at the Laurel Point. The Erickson Wing is the most beautiful. With the Japaneese Gardens outside the room the views and the comfort of the bed and pillows makes you want to move in full time. It's close to so many restaurants and the Legislature. When I come to Victoria there is no other Hotel that I choose to stay. My daughter loves the pool and we go out for long walks around the walkway. I recommend it to anyone. The prices is reasonable too.

Debbie - Port Alberni

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Big Timber, Montana
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Erickson Wing, Room 360 facing the Outer Harbor (where the seaplanes land & take off): contemporary furnishings, including chaise and leather easy chair & ottoman, shoji screens to huge bathroom, west facing harbor view and overlooks the hotel's Japanese garden & pond. Peaceful, quiet, lovely. On the 3rd floor, the elevator & hallway to the room includes a large museum case with Japanese wedding dresses on display. It felt more like an elegant apartment house rather than a hotel. The staff -- the most helpful, friendly, knowledgeable group of individuals I've ever encountered. We didn't dine at the hotel so I can't speak to the quality of the dining room. Everything else was first rate.

Room Tip: Room 360 in the Erickson Wing is a large, beautifully appointed room with spectacular view of sea pl...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple