Inn at Laurel Point
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
US$245
Embassy Inn(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$219
2,246 results
All reviewserickson wingaura restaurantjapanese gardennew wingouter harborfisherman's wharfwalking pathoverlooking the harbouraveda productshuge bathroomstudio suiteshort walkvictoria clipperan upgradewater viewan easy walkempress hotel
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We've had a wonderful vacation in Victoria and the Inn at Laurel Point was the best! Excellent service throughout the hotel and its restaurant, Aura. Spacious beautiful room with spectacular views of the ocean. Centrally located; we could walk downtown and to various nearby attraction and restaurants.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ishad0w
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear ishad0w,

You have just written my favourite review of the 2014 season. This is what we, in the hotel industry, are always trying to achieve -the benchmark, so to speak. We want our guests to arrive happy and to leave -even happier!

If we managed to make your stay with us the highlight of your vacation then.......we have done our jobs. If we exceeded your expectations...mission accomplished.

On behalf of everyone here at the Inn at Laurel Point and AURA, thank you so much -We appreciate your candor and kindness!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had two nights here and were very impressed. We had a shaky start, as the room was not quite as we had booked, but someone from customer service was with us in a few minutes and resolved it very quickly. The view from our room was amazing, the room was comfortable and every member of staff we met was helpful and positive. I've reviewed the restaurant (Aura) separately and it was also 5 star quality. We would certainly go back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Susan C,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad that we were able to make you feel welcomed and well accomodated.
And thank you for your stellar review of our waterfront restaurant, AURA. the food really is spectacular...........as is the habourfront view!

I do hope you will have an opportunity to return again one day.
Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great location walking to everywhere. We booked a standard room and it was big (comparing to many other hotels), with nice bay and city view. Room is clean and comfortable, everything exceed our expectation. Small swimming pool but good enough for my 5 year old. My daughter enjoyed playing the piano at the big open banquet room (it's open for everyone). Wish that we could stay longer. Only complain is that being weaken by the horn of ferry departing in the morning. We will return next time visiting Victoria!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Wei W,

Thank you so much for your delightful review.
I do hope you will have another opportunity to return one day.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I travel a lot and am quite picky. The terrace room at the Laurel point is, hands down, one of the nicest suites I have ever stayed in. From the stunning view, the huge balcony, modern furniture and fantastic lay-out, it is the room we always pick when coming to Victoria. Great for families…we like a lot of space and this room has it! We haves stayed here multiple times and would not stay anywhere else in Victoria.
The hotel is also perfectly situated and close to everything. If only more hotels could be like this.

Room Tip: Terrace suite in the Ericson wing…stunning!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Moonie G,

Brilliant! The Terrace Bedrooms suites are truly some of the nicest rooms in this city, hands down! Our style is very understated and timeless and I am glad that you recognized that design element. The designer of these interiors, Robert Ledingham, once told me that the furnishing and overall colour pallette are deliberately quiet and understated as the stunning views are meant to take centre stage and they certainly do!

You have descriminating taste in your accomodations - thank you for finding us!

Happy rest of your summer

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I picked this hotel to give my Mother a grand experience and because she is Japanese and this hotel was Japanese themed I thought it would be perfect.

We had a room on the bottom floor that opened up to the Japanese Gardens. I picked this room specifically to be able to enjoy the beauty around us. The patron in the room next to us loved to smoke. This was supposed to be a non-smoking facility. My mother is very old and cannot be exposed to smoke. I talked to the front desk and management and no one could do anything about him smoking. They said it was not allowed but that they could do nothing about it. So here was this great view, and a room that I paid extra for and we couldn't even sit out on the patio. When we did, the room we stayed in filled with smoke. Also, there was no offer to give us another room or perhaps even a restaurant voucher, nothing.

The room was beautiful. Outside our door were beautifully displayed asian artwork. The bathroom was gorgeous and HUGE! The bathtub filled up fast and with nice hot water. The bathroom was by far one of the best I had. The rest of the room was decorated very nicely in kind of a modern Japanese style. I loved the look and once again LOVED the bathroom. The view of the gardens was beautiful if only we could have enjoyed the patio.

Around the hotel was large and beautifully laid out. The customer service was not that great. I didn't like asking for help because when I did, it was less than courteous. The restaurant had good food.

I guess it would have been great but for a few things that were crucial to us. 1) customer service; 2) The ability to enjoy our garden room

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Omiyoshibaba,

I am sorry that your “stay in great room with a great view” was marred by less than perfect customer service. Our mature Japanese Gardens are truly spectacular and our Garden Suites that open onto the gardens are equally beautiful. I am terribly sorry that you had a neighbour that smoked outside on his/her patio and I am completely surprised that nothing was done to stop him from smoking. As I am sure you are already aware, our hotel in 100% smoke free and we are guided by the CRD (Capital Regional Dictrict’s no smoking by-laws). In accordance with those by-laws smoking is completely prohibited in or around public buildings - not even on the balconies or sidewalks and that is why we have 1 outside designated smoking area that is located in the front of our building and at least 30ft away from the sidewalks. Smoking anywhere on our property whether it be in a room or out on the patios or balconies is strictly prohibited and subject to a $250 penalty. We rigorously enforce this law so I am perplexed as to the casual response of “ there’s nothing we can do about it”. In fact, there is a lot we can do about it and….we do! I promise to investigate further.
I am sorry that this marred your almost perfect stay and thank you for your comments.
I do hope you have an opportunity to return once again with you mother for another stay.

With kind regards,