“First Time to Inn at Laurel Point”

Inn at Laurel Point
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
“First Time to Inn at Laurel Point”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Had a great experience! From check-in to check-out I don't remember having any complications or challenges. The reception desk folks were very helpful and accommodating. The room service is a bit on the pricey side, but about par for a hotel of this quality. The room itself was amazing, we had a 4th floor room in the Erickson wing overlooking the harbor. Couldn't have asked for a more amazing room. Great location, about a half-mile walk to downtown! A lot of great attractions within walking distance, but far enough from downtown that you don't have the noise from the nightlife. Whale watching package was a great deal! Definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Erickson wing on the upper floors overlooking the harbor has outstanding views. Some noise from the...
1 Thank David S
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Well thank you very much David S for posting such a great review. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay in both Victoria and our lovely Inn. And I am glad you also enjoyed the ehale watching tour - it's a blast!!

Hopefully you will grace us with another visit one day.

~Judy~

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (800)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Treated myself to a night at the Inn at Laurel Point and booked the Sunset Room. It was wonderful It was great to watch and hear the sounds of the float planes arriving and departing and the vessels out on the water. It wasn't loud at all. The sunset view was spectacular. Balcony huge. Next time I will come with my hubby. This location was great and you can walk to everything ! Victoria is great like that. I love Victoria, and I love this hotel. Staff are so wonderful. The Bellman named Terrance is a true gentleman.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BCbeachgirl2014
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear BCbeachgirl2014,
Thank you for posting your lovely review for all to read.
It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your brief getaway.I agree with you, those little planes and boats are so much fun to watch - espexially from the Sunset rooms.
I will be sure to pass your super comments on to Terry and our entire Bell team - they really are a great bunch of colleagues!

Thanks again!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Nice view, great service and excellent location. What more can you ask for? Rates were very reasonable even during high season. After our stay we departed to Seattle via Clipper Navigation. The ferry terminal is literally steps away from the hotel. Very convenient for us. We loved the location. It is a nice quiet corner yet right in the middle of everything.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reuben C,

Thank you so much for your deligthful review. I am so please that you enjoyed our little piece of paradise here in beautiful Victoria!

All the best for a wonderful rest of your summer.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has been my favourite for many years. The location is perfect. The Erickson Wing is a collection of some of the nicest, functional rooms you will ever rent. Maintenance has always been top knotch, and the staff are professionals. I organized a 120 person meeting here in July and the raves I received were quite special.
From 1 to 150, this hotel is a
Perfect fit.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BrianWSpencer
Dear Mr. Spencer,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Planning and executing a meeting for 120 attendees can certainly be intimidating but with the help of our top notch Events Planning Team, you can rested assured that every detail is addressed and that your event will be as seamless as possible.
So glad that your event went off without a hitch and that your attendees enjoyed themselves.

I do hope you will have an opportunity to return again one day perhaps for no other reason than for pleasure.

All the best,

Newtown, PA
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Whoever rates this hotel a 4-star needs to inspect the rooms in the Laurel Wing. They are maybe 3-star at best. Are they planning a renovation? Granted the room was clean, but the make-up of the room was nothing special and the furniture was old, torn and worn out. This by far was the most disappointing place we stayed during our two weeks in the Pacific Northwest. In fact, it was the only disappointment.

There were a few positives. The view of the harbor was nice. The location is good and walking downtown was easy. The staff was friendly and helpful. If we were staying more than one night I might have complained about the room. We had already lugged up a ton of luggage and basically just needed the room to sleep. As mentioned, it was clean and sleeping at night was fine. However, when one is expecting a 4-star room in a great city like Victoria, I hope you can see where our disappointment lies.

3 Thank relayer
Dear Relayer,

Well, I must say that it was quite disappointing reading your review of your recent stay with us and I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations regarding the appointment of the room you occupied. However, I do appreciate you taking the time to point out some of the positives as well as the negatives. We are aware that some of our soft goods in the Laurel Wing have been showing some wear and tear of late. As a result, we placed our order earlier this year for brand new replacement desk chairs, leather arm chairs and several other pieces of furniture for these rooms. However, due to international shipping schedules, the furniture will only arrive in early fall so the next time you return, you should see a brand new contingent of Laurel Wing furniture.
I would like to clarify that the majority of the pictures that you posted were simply of your occupied room and therefore looks somewhat disheveled. This is certainly not the state of a room that would be presented to an arriving guest. Our cleaning standards are of the highest standard and as you can see by the plethora of pictures posted both by professionals and amateurs alike, we offer crisp and spotlessly clean guest rooms at a variety of views, room types and price points. We have something for just about every taste and pocket book and I do hope you will re-consider staying with us anew should you ever be back this way!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I've been to this hotel twice and let me tell you the room I was given through the clipper vacation deal was a budget room that I would not pay more than 100$ a night. It was right across from the elevator so it was loud. The room was very small and the coffee maker did not work right so no coffee. We had to ask for shampoo. The tub shower nozzle was for someone 5 feet 6 or shorter.
Overall poor quality for what I remembered as a high class hotel. Also they would not let me check in before 3:05 and did not have "availability" for a late check out. I will not return, sorry to say!

• Stayed August 2014
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Boss at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear JenninSeattle,
I am terribly sorry that you found your room not to your liking. Being across from the elevator can be irritating for some and a non-issue for others. I would recommend that, in future, whether it be in our hotel or any other, that you let it be known to the front desk agents that you wish to be away from the noisier areas. They will make a note on your file and will always do their best to accommodate your request. I apologize that the coffee maker did not work and that you had to ask for shampoo. Our Director of Rooms has now read your comments and will certainly reinforce to his housekeeping staff the need for “paying attention to the smallest of details in all guest rooms” in order to make our guest’s experience here as seamless and as positive as humanly possible. My apologies that your room was not up to our usual standards.
I would also like to take a moment to address your comments regarding your disappointment about your check in and check out times. Whenever possible and when our occupancy levels allow, we are always more than delighted to get our arriving guests checked into their rooms early. However, in the midst of our peak summer months when our occupancy levels are near capacity, it is virtually impossible to get you into a room early since departing guests are entitled to a check out time of 11:30AM. We simply do not have the capacity to clean the rooms that quickly. That is why all hotels have clearly indicated check in/check out times. However, if you were to come during the off season when room occupancy isn’t quite as full as the summer time, we would always do our best to get you into your room as early as possible.
So I trust this sheds some light on our position and it disappoints me to read that you will not return. I hope you will change your mind as we really do have one of the nicest properties on Victoria’s inner harbour and ever so close to the Clipper and Coho terminal.

Wishing you all the best,

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The views are outstanding and walking distance to the Wharf, Parliament and Government street. The rooms and common areas are a bit worn, but everything is clean. Beds are comfy. Staff was extremely nice. Good place for couples :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Hi there BanagirlG,

Thank you for posting your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you found the proximity to our downtown area to your liking. The 7 or 8 minutes stroll along our harbour front is one of the nicest views of Victoria's inner harbour imaginable, in my humble opinion. There is always something to see, whether it be the cute little seaplanes, the Coho ferry from Pt Angeles pulling into the dock or perhaps the little fleet of water taxis that are always buzzing around - there's always something to see of interest.
Now, as for the state of our common places and our older Laurel Wing which you commented on; I agree, it would be lovely to know down our lobby and give it an entire facelift and one day I am sure we will but in the meantime, I am sure you will agree that although a little dated, everything is clean and polished with pride and we are always chipping way at the changes slowly but surely. Last year we changed all of the mattresses to comfy pillow top beds, the year before new TV's and re-carpeting was done and this upcoming year will be the year for new desks, task chairs, bedside tables and leather chairs and ottomans.
So, I hope you see that we are alway improving.

Thank you again, until the next time.