“Delightful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Elkland, Missouri
“Delightful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

Everything was excellent! There was even secured FREE parking!

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Korean first
St Martin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2009

Unusual and attractive hotel layout, very relaxing/tranquil decor. Ensure your room is in the newly refurbished section of the hotel. Wonderful bathrooms, double sinks, huge shower and large bath, and the softest bathrobes ever. Fabulous outlook, we watched the seaplanes arriving from Vancouver from our balcony overlooking the Japanese Garden. It's possible to take your dog to this hotel (if you wish) they even offer you a chaise lounge for the comfort of your pampered pooch!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SoupySM
WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

We stayed just one night in June as part of a Clipper trip package. One night in Victoria was not enough.
We chose the Inn at Laurel Point based on trip advisor recomendations. It was a perfect location for a Clipper vacation package. Very close to the terminal.
The room was large - clean and comfortable. Minimalist style - but that suits me perfectly.
The view was phenomenal. And they have a great walking trail right outside the hotel that takes you along the harbour.
Great hotel experience - it helped minimize the pain of turning 40!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
So. Cal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

This boutique hotel is a gem. We had reservations for the Laurel Wing, but once we arrived and saw the Erickson rooms; we changed without hesitation. Those rooms are worth every additional penny if you enjoy spacious modern accomodations. The Laurel Wing isn't bad, it just doesn't have the wow factor. There are two views: one looking over the Japaneese Garden backside bay or the city. At first, we wanted to change to the city, but after looking at concrete in Vancouver; we found the backside view incredibly peaceful and serene. As previous posters mentioned; the Inn at Laurel Point is extremely convenient if you are traveling on the Victoria Clipper and the hotel is very accomodating with early arrivals and holding luggage. The Aura restaurant has fabulous food! We tried numerous recommended restaurants while in Canada, and this one topped all of them. We were surprised they aren't written up from coast to coast, however, they are considered a newer restaurant. Try it! If we ever make it back to Victoria we'd stay here. Thanks for the beautiful memories Inn at Laurel Point.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank socalbeachbum97
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

I purchased a package through Clipper Vacations that included the boat ride from Seattle and one night's hotel at Inn at Laurel Point. The Clipper arrives in Victoria at 10:45am and I immediately went to the hotel, which was right next door to the Clipper dock, and asked if on a chance there was a room I could check into. Luckily they had a room available and I was able to check in much earlier than their 4pm check in time. THANKS!!

I got a beautiful suite in the Laurel Wing - a nice sitting room with sink and refrig (but interestingly no microwave), and a bedroom with a king bed and a very nice balcony with beautiful views of the harbor. The two rooms are separated with very lovely Japanese style french doors. In the closet was a safe and some comfy robes! THANKS!

The bathroom was nice sized. I had problems with my safe in my room but after calling for help, someone appeared quickly and reset the safe for me. She was very very kind. THANKS!

I took advantage of the room service for dinner and I loved the won ton shrimp and edamame dish although I would have loved more edamame than what I got. But it was still yummy!

I also ordered room service breakfast - the oatmeal. Although I asked for just brown sugar and maple syrup, the oatmeal came with the apples that is standard in it. I just pulled them out but it would be nice if they actually listened to me saying "just brown sugar and a little maple syrup." And apparently they don't know brown sugar like we know it - I got raw sugar which is not the same as brown sugar. But it was good after I pulled out the apple slices (I'm just not an apple girl).

I checked out and they were happy to hold my bag so I could explore the town a little more before taking the 6pm Clipper back to Seattle. THANKS!!

Many of the comments stress trying to get a room in the new Erickson Wing - but the room I had in the Laurel Wing was beautiful and comfortable. The Aura restaurant is supposed to be noteworthy but I didn't have a chance to dine in it.

The front desk people are wonderful. I asked for a cab and they happily called one for me. The housekeeping staff are friendly - say hello to them as you pass them in the hall. It's amazing to me that people walk by them as if they do not exist. Say hello - it doesn't cost anything and I think it makes their day!

All in all the Laurel Point is a gorgeous place and very convenient to the Clipper so if you are booking a package, choose this delightful little gem! You will not be disappointed!! Even if they do leave the apple slices in your oatmeal :)!

Claire Rodman

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Colchester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2009

Obtained the room through Hotwire and having read the reviews was slightly apprehensive as I knew we would be in the old wing. However our room was really nice and it seemed like it had been upgraded. Had a view of the harbour etc. Easy walk into town - no need for a car. Would certainly return!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2009

Loved the bed, and loved the accommodations. Especially the decor.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple