“Great location with plenty of room”

Royal Scot Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 25 May 2012

While this hotel seems to date back to the '70's, I will say these are true suites with full kitchens and include everything you could think of to prepare your own meals. The location was excellent being one block from the waterfront and the Parliament building. Canada's taxes and fees are quite steep so our $132.00 room turned into $200 plus parking fees and $50 pet fee as we were traveling with our furry companions. If we had not had four people staying in our room I might have opted for the Best Western across the street as it had water views. All in all, an acceptable hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,390)

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We were very happy with Royal Scot, we thought we had booked a regular room, and it ended up with 2 beds and a kitchen. The location was excellent, walking distance to all of the inner harbour and downtown core. The quality of the room and friendliness of staff were excellent too, highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed at the property during the Easter long weekend. Our travel group consisted two families including a year old kid. We rented two suites and had a great time. They have indoor pool, sauna a games room for guests and a separate Billiards room.

We really liked the service. From the moment we checked in to the morning we left we were all impressed from their front desk staff, the housekeepers and the guys who were manning their restaurant.

We had a small incident where suddenly around evening the fire alarms went aloud within a minute a maintenance staff guy was making rounds and updating guests that it was a false alarm activated due to a guests culinary adventures.

Their location is perfect too. I would recommend this property to families, couples or friends traveling together.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelingaroundworld
Reviewed 10 May 2012

The service and performance of the staff was stellar. The rooms were clean but we were not knocked out by the linens, bed covers, or beds. The bed particularly made for a rough couple nights. Admittedly we were spoiled by an outstanding bed and breakfast experience the prior three nights, but still the beds need improvement. We purchased Hot breakfast vouchers with our reservations and were not disappointed by the restaurant staff either. The breakfasts were tasty, large, and served quickly so we could get on with our day. The location is central to all the inner harbor attractions and great local restaurants. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to except for the Butchart Gardens. Great Location and Value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rod B
Reviewed 30 April 2012

While I was in Victoria attending my daughter's dance performances (Canadian College of Performing Arts), I stayed for 4 nights at the Royal Scot and the experience was awesome. From the moment I made the reservations to the morning I left, I had incredible service...the front desk staff, the shuttle drivers (I keep them busy taking me to the McPherson Playhouse), to the wonderful cleaning ladies. Walking distance to the harbour, retaurants and shopping.

I was upgraded to the queen with kitchenette, perfect, spacious and so comfortable...felt like home...but quieter (LOL). The food and service at Jonathon restaurant was do delicious.

Overall the Royal Scot was excellent, I will definitely be staying there when I return next year.

I highly recommend the Royal Scot!! Enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank celeste k
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I just went on a little holiday to Victoria, and stayed at the Royal Scot. It was so close to everything, but was a little out of the way, so it was lovely and quiet. No view, but we were just there to sleep so that was fine. The service was excellent, nice little touches like umbrellas for our use. The shuttle was a neat idea, but we didn't use it--this time! We went in the off-season, so it was very reasonable ($100/night) but I know it's not that inexpensive during the regular season. Oh, and they had a selection of books in each night stand. I love to read, so it was most appreciated!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shirls-ann
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Not the brightest and shiniest of the hotels on the block, but clean, and very homey! My family felt safe, comfortable and treated like royal guests there. The full size kitchen (complete with everything) in our suite was great. The location was fabulous...definately I'd stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family