I was looking for something to accommodate a group of ladies for a bachelorette party for my daughter. It would be low key but I wanted to offer a place where those who would be drinking could sleep for the night. The Royal Scot was perfect. I explained to the reservation staff what I was looking for (said it was a reunion get together).
We got a large suite on the 4th floor (top floor) with a separate bedroom with king size bed, full living room, small dining room area & kitchen, plus balcony. This was the main room for the event. We were able to set up the table with our goodies & the kitchen worked well for blender drinks & warming appetizers. The living room offered plenty of seating for our games of pictionary & charades.
I also reserved an adjoining room with a king size bed which also had a balcony. The room was spacious and very comfortable. This additional room gave us extra space & a 2nd bathroom for the ladies.
The ice machine was down on the lower level and the elevators are a bit slow. We did not use the pool or gym facilities although they looked inviting. We did not use the dining room either. The front desk was very quick and courteous. Free wifi is a nice bonus. We had our parking fees waived which for this group was appreciated. You are close to everything downtown in Victoria. The black out curtains keeps the rooms totally dark! It was nice to wake up to the clip-clop of the horse drawn carriages starting their tourist rounds. The later check out is very nice!
I would totally recommend staying at this hotel. Comfortable beds, quiet rooms, friendly & helpful service all at a reasonable price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- See why so many people return to the Royal Scot time and time again! Immaculately clean, the Royal Scot is a service oriented hotel, ideal for couples and families alike. Make yourself at home in a Studio or One Bedroom Suite. Both offer a fully equipped kitchen and living room area. Just steps from Victoria's beautiful Inner Harbour, the Royal Scot offers free wi-fi as well as an indoor pool & hot tub, games room, gift shop and free downtown shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Scot Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Scot Hotel And Suites
- Royal Scot Victoria
- Royal Scot Hotel Victoria
- Royal Scot Hotel & Suites Victoria, Vancouver Island