Fantastic location one block from the inner harbour waterfront. You can short cut through the lobby of the Pacific Plaza and be there in two minutes! It is the perfect location to stay in the heart of the scenic and historic part of Victoria.
The hotel is older but in excellent condition and has a timeless European ambiance. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. King sized bed was comfortable. Front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were large and spacious with all the necessary amenities EXCEPT Air Conditioning. This is not an issue for most of the year as the average temperatures are cool however it could be uncomfortable during a summer heat wave. An efficient fan is provided and the windows have screens.
Free internet is provided but the connection was very unreliable and would require a reconnect every few minutes and slow. The front desk will give you 30 minutes complimentary internet in the wired terminal that is equipped with a printer. Unfortunately there is a glitch in the program that prevents you from printing Westjet boarding passes. The front desk is able to print these passes on their terminal.
The Sauna, hot tub and swimming pool was well maintained and very pleasant. Breakfast was tasty and filling with average (but high) hotel pricing. Nice touches included delivery of the newspaper outside the door in the morning.
The room prices were excellent for a higher end hotel and was interesting that the internet rates could not be met by the hotel when I phoned to book. One unusual extra charge is $12 per night for parking in the outdoor areas.
This hotel offers the best value and combination of features in the half dozen hotels that we have stayed at in Victoria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- See why so many people return to the Royal Scot time and time again! Immaculately clean, the Royal Scot is a service oriented hotel, ideal for couples and families alike. Make yourself at home in a Studio or One Bedroom Suite. Both offer a fully equipped kitchen and living room area. Just steps from Victoria's beautiful Inner Harbour, the Royal Scot offers free wi-fi as well as an indoor pool & hot tub, games room, gift shop and free downtown shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Scot Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Scot Hotel And Suites
- Royal Scot Victoria
- Royal Scot Hotel Victoria
- Royal Scot Hotel & Suites Victoria, Vancouver Island