“Unbeatable location”

Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Yukon
“Unbeatable location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hotel is located on a quiet side street within easy walking distance of downtown Victoria, the inner harbour, the legislature building, dining and shopping. I had a studio suite. The kitchen was well equiped. The seperated sleeping area was comfortable. I enjoyed morning coffee on the balcony!

The room decor is slightly dated, but they are spotlessly clean. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. As a woman travelling alone, I felt perfectly safe in this hotel and the surrounding area.

If you are in Victoria to run the Goodlife Fitness Marathon, the Royal Scot is half a block from the start line! Perfect! I'll be back next year!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Glacier1998

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Korean first
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our second visit after four years. We had a 1-bedroom luxury suite, with a window in the kitchen, a nice touch if only it hadn't poured rain for our 3-night stay--not much of a view. If you're a walker, you can cover all of downtown Victoria easily from here and there's also a Thrifty's grocery store nearby. Prices are high compared to Toronto and you don't get the same selection/quality of fruits/veg. The unit doesn't have a dishwasher (nice on holiday) and the lighting is poor, especially if you're a reader or wear makeup. However, the unit is spacious and clean. We stayed in three more self-contained units on our trip--this was the only one that didn't provide some basics like paper towels and food wrap (e.g., foil, plastic wrap). The dishes and cookware are very basic--no gourmet cooking here unless you bring your own knives and pans. I always travel with a sharp knife and a good non-stick frying pan. They have a free shuttle service, if it's around when you need it. We did use it one very rainy day to go to a restaurant for lunch--it was really great to have that service.

Room Tip: The luxury corner suite on top floor is our preference. We stayed in 459. Can't comment on how s...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank luvveggies
Margate, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Our last stop on our tour. We got of the bus to a man playing bagpipes how lovely. We liked it here caught up on our washing while we had a dip in the very nice pool and hot tub right next door to the laundry. Nice big rooms which were clean and a very good bed. Loved the shower head in the bathroom. A nice Good walk into town which has a lot to see and do. Very nice to walk around at night time always lots of people around. Loved it and would stay here again. Old but well looked after.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rosemaree N
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel is right next to the Parlament, BC Museum public transportation and many attractions in down town Victoria and it's located in a very quiet streeet.
The rooms are big, clean and the bed is very comfortable.
The service is excellent and very friendly.
Felt at home!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank irit a
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Older hotel in a clean, QUIET, leafy, hotel-residential neibourhood on the Oak Bay- Inner Harbour boundary. Close to everything. The rooms are not huge;the suites are large and fully equipped with everything. Well worth the extra money and good value. We took advantage of free parking and breakfast vouchers offered. The staff here are all extremely helpful, hardworking, courteous and friendly; the hotel's greatest asset!

Room Tip: The higher the better on the harbour side
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CEA1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed here in October and had a lovely stay. The rooms were very nice. The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. It is a beautiful hotel and within walking distance to much of the Inner Harbor. The only potential problem I could see would be staying in the hot weather, as there is no air conditioning, but it was perfect in the fall!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ladysmith, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Royal Scot Hotel for a period of 3 weeks while I was going thru Re-Hab. treatment for an injury. The hotel is centrally located in a quiet, but beautiful location near Victoria's Inner Harbour and within walking distance to many wonderful attractions for visitor's to take advantage of during stay.

Unfortunately, due to my injury, they are not within my current walking distance but the Royal Scot offers a Shuttle Service to guests which I have been able to take advantage of several times during my stay to get to places that I wanted to go.

Upon my arrival, I was expecting to receive a normal guest room and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had received a room with kitchenette included. This made my stay so much more enjoyable! Many times, I found I was not physically able to go out for meals after re-hab and I felt more at home being able to cook my own meals in my room. The Hotel & Shuttle service staff were wonderful and so helpful in assisting me to getting groceries and going places during my stay.

When I was checking out from the 1st week to go home for a day, I mentioned that I would be checking back in the next night for my 2nd week of Re-hab and would be having to spend my birthday week away from family & friends which was going to be hard for me. I thanked them because their hotel & service was making it easier for me to enjoy my stay. When I checked back in the next night, I was surprised when I went to my room and found a full suite with a living room, I felt like I had received an early Birthday present from them.

I have stayed at many hotels in the past but have not enjoyed my stay as much as I have at this hotel which was made so enjoyable because of their friendly, helpful staff.

The rooms/beds were clean and very comfy and kept that way each day. I made use of their pool facilities each day during my stay as well as their on-site laundry facilities each week which was a nice amenity. I will highly recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Victoria.

I am going home for a week but am having to return for another 3 weeks of Re-hab. treatments and have requested my travel agent to make reservations for me again at this Hotel for this period of time.

Thanks again to the Royal Scot & your wonderful, friendly staff for making my stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: If possible, try to obtain a room with kitchen facilities if staying for more than a day. It is a n...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo