“Nice Stay, Great Room”

Royal Scot Hotel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a 2 bedroom suite, for 5 nights and it was excellent. Clean room, and very spacious. Only complaint is that there is no air conditioner and Victoria can get quite stuffy in the summer. We were fine because it was May.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristopher M

Reviewed 7 May 2014

4 of 5 starsReviewed 3 days ago NEW
If my review is helpful to you, please vote it as such. Many of us regular tripadvisor members spend a lot of time doing reviews to help others have the best vacation or stay that they can.
We have travelled to Victoria for many years and always stayed at another hotel but this time, the first time at the RS.
Ok ... this hotel has been around for many years but it is clean, nice, the service was totally 5 star and the prices were very reasonable. It is one block from the inner harbour, close to parliament building and James bay area.
On a phone reservation I first asked for a King, the said not sure they had one but would try. When I got there at 1:30 the room wasn't ready yet, so they gave me an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suit with a king bed and told me to come back at 3, which we did.
At 3:30 the room wasn't quite ready so they again upgraded us to a Luxury one bedroom suit. This room was huge, nice entry way with closet and safe, nice bathroom, large bedroom with king bed, then you get a contained kitchen on the right and walk into a dining room then the living room with a couch, 3 covered chairs, foot stool etc. It was dated but extremely clean and nice for the price !
Then I learned they also have a free shuttle service that will take you to Cook street Village, China town etc. what a great perk !
They also have an indoor pool, pool table room etc. but I didn't see have time to get to them, next time.
All in all this place is very customer service orientated ! I give it 5 * for that, the room was large and great but because of the age of the decor I give it 4 *, I wish I could give this place a 4.5 but since you can't do part stars I have to give it a 4. Let me qualify that I seldom if ever give a 5, so I am recommending this place and yes I / we would stay here again !

Room Tip: front of the hotel is nice, back would be more quiet

Room Tip: front of the hotel is nice, back would be more quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank PandGP
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I chose this small hotel for its location (half a block from the Legislature, which makes it central to everything), and was so pleased with the quiet, clean atmosphere. Housekeeping staff are excellent. Friendly check-in and check-out. I booked a studio with kitchen and balcony, on the third floor, which was plenty of space for one. Beautiful blooms and trees right outside the window. There's no breakfast included (they do have complimentary coffee), but it's close to so many restaurants, and a Thrifty's grocery a few blocks away. With a full kitchen, it was easy to bring take-out back to the room. Easy morning walk to coffee shops at Cook Street Village, with a daily walk back through Beacon Hill Park. Plenty of on-site parking, and easy access to the highway to ferries, Sooke, Nanaimo, etc. They were even redoing the roof while I was there and I wasn't particularly bothered by that. You can tell that the owners, managers, and staff are dedicated to the guest experience. I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RundleRock
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Business stay for 1 week. I choose a one bedroom suite - it had separated bedroom, full kitchen and a combination living / dining room. The room was perhaps a bit dated (older cupboards etc) but everything worked and was in order. As I was off season, the rate was incredibly reasonable and the location is literally minute (s) walk to the parliament, museum, and downtown area. I found the complimentary use umbrella a welcome surprise (I put it to good use day 1). There is a Games room downstairs - with pool table, shuffle board and communal TV - which we used for an evening. I did not get the opportunity to use the indoor pool and exercise area, but it looked clean and well maintained. Any time I came in to contact with staff - cleaning, front desk, or maintenance - they were all very friendly. I would definitely stay at this establishment again on business or with family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tnp722
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed in Victoria recently. As in the past the staff were welcoming and friendly for our entire stay. They really do go out of their way to make the guest happy. We chose the Royals Scott again due to the great location and extra amenities that they provide. This hotel is on a quiet street and walking distance from distance from the harbor. The IMAX, Parliament building and other tourist locations are all less than a five-minute walk from the front door. To no surprise our suite with a kitchenette was spotless. We stayed on the 4th floor and could not hear a pin drop at night. This hotel has takes steps to really make you feel at home. From the games room, advertised free movie nights to the warm smiles and greeting by any staff member that you pass in the halls really make the place great. There was a sign in our room that asked us to call the front desk if we needed anything. By pressing "0", they had on hand a plethora of toiletries available at no charge in case you forgot something at home. Again, one of the many steps that the staff take to make our stay awesome.
What hotel have you ever heard of that contacts you after finding some articles behind and offers to mail them to you.... The Royal Scot does!! These guys are awesome and we look forward to coming back for a visit.

I also liked the pool/hot tub and sauna that were open

Room Tip: None needed. They have many different kinds of rooms to suit your needs. Tell them what you need Kit...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mike s
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just finished a weekend in Victoria staying at the Royal Scot. The hotel staff was so friendly and nice. They offered a free shuttle that would take us anywhere we wanted to go within about 10 blocks. We were going to take them up on it, but the city was so easy to walk around we did just that. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable. The kids had a blast playing in the pool and I relaxed in the hot tub and sauna after a long day of sightseeing. My husband used the small workout room which was just great. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tactowntraveler
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The front desk was so friendly and greeted us in such a pleasant manner. The room was nicely appointed and there were so many amenities I sort of wish we had more time to stay and get comfortable. All in all a great stay - I only wish we had been told about the games room downstairs the first night as we would have taken advantage.

Also great location - close to food and beverages and the water!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business