“Can't be beat!”

Royal Scot Hotel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It is like returning home whenever I come back to the Royal Scott in Victoria. The staff are all so warm and friendly, the rooms and suites are always spotless, with every comfort of home. The pool and fitness room is also kept very clean and everything working well. There is the games room, with lots of board games and puzzles, pool table, shuffleboard table, computer/work station, complete laundry room, gift store, evening bagpipe performance, courtesy shuttle, and of course, the very good, and affordable Jonathons restaurant, which has a very nice selection of varied dishes day and night. The beds are very comfy, and I hear from family members that the pull out beds are very nice also. Wi-fi in the room gave us some grief briefly, but was very pro ply dealt with. Staff were kind enough to give both families in our group upgrades to luxury suites, which gave us extra room and privacy. The location, just a half bock from the parliament building and a block from the inner harbour and U.S. ferries is the best. All the touristy stuff is at your door. I would like to keep this place a secret, but that would be unfair. Since there is no A/C in the rooms, and it was quite hot when we were there, it was nice to have the fans and the large patio doors to our balcony open for the cool breezes.

Room Tip: some rooms/suites have balconies, that would be my choice, mostly for the cool breezes. There are n...
1  Thank captainronanejo69

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a top hotel for customer service. Nothing is trouble and they are willing to go out of their way to help. The rooms are large and with all the mod cons. The hotel is with in a close walking distance to harbour and all the main attractions, shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: All areas of the hotel are good. This is not a high rise hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Royal Scot for the 1st time. Friends had recommended it. Their recommendation was spot on! Excellent location - Extremely comfortable one-bedroom suite - Clean - Extraordinarily pleasant and accommodating staff, A lovely hotel in a lovely city. I will definitely be staying there on my next visit to Victoria.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My Uncle & Aunt recommened this hotel - they always stay here when they visit Victoria. And i can see why: good location, very comfortable well appointed room with everything one could possibly want including free newspapers! Staff were friendly & helpful, the shuttle service convenient. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

So we (two adults, a 12 year old and a 10 year old) recently stayed two nights in a one bedroom suite. First let me say that the location is great, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, there is a shuttle, it's super clean, the restaurant food and service is way above average, and the laundry facility is practical (it enabled us to wash our clothes from the weekend's prior fishing trip to Legacy Lodge - a definite must do!). Keeping in mind that the Empress is a 4 star hotel (only because it doesn't have AC), and the Grand Pacific is a 5 star (the only 5 star in Victoria), the 4.5 star TripAdvisor rating for The Royal Scot had me a little misled. With the Formica counter tops in the kitchen and bath, the leaking kitchen faucet, the OLD cupboards (circa 1950 at least!), the coffee pot from the 80's, the fake rose in the bathroom, the plastic shower curtain hooks, and the fold-down card tables and "big-screen" tube television in the "game room," it was reminiscent of a stay at Grandma's house. I think I was expecting more - maybe granite counters, modern cupboards and appliances, and possibly even a Keurig. A real flower in the bathroom would have also added some charm to the place - dirty silk just doesn't cut it.

All in all, our stay was just fine. The kids liked the shuffle board and pool tables, and the indoor pool and spa. And our visit to the innharbor and the neighboring areas, which were so close, was unforgettable. If you're looking for clean and practical, this is your hotel. If you care about the other stuff, you might go somewhere else. I give the The Royal Scott a solid 3 stars. :)

Room Tip: We had a balcony, but never went out there - there was nothing to see. I would pass on this, and I w...
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My 7 year old son and I stayed here July 26 to July 28 ('14). We really liked this hotel. It was clean, pretty, and charming. Connectivity to the hotel wifi was quick and easy (no need to enter a password). The indoor swimming pool was great. The locker room had stacks of clean towels which was convenient. I really appreciated the tile floors in the locker room and pool area. My son and I used the pool for 3 straight hours! The hotel staff were nice and friendly. There is a courtesy shuttle that takes you anywhere nearby on a first come first serve basis, but we never used it as this hotel is close to everything (the parliament buildings, the Empress, Inner Harbour, shopping, Chinatown, Blackball Ferry, and my favorite Miniature World). Water pressure from the shower was perfect. There's a safe located in the closet so you can lock up valuables. The only complaint that I have about this hotel is the smell of the carpet in our room. It was bearable, but there definitely was an unpleasant smell. If I ever return to Victoria, I will come back to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel has an amazing staff that offer old fashioned, gracious service: Friendly, professional, quirky in a completely endearing way! I don't know if it is family owned, but it sure feels that way. I was completely charmed. The rooms are immaculately clean. The restaraunt food was classic and fresh. Perfect location. Won't stay anywhere else in Victoria.

• Stayed: July 2014