“Could have been better; some disappointments here.”

Accent Inn Victoria
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Powell River, Canada
“Could have been better; some disappointments here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Found this hotel online via Hotel.com and it was a booking nightmare. After getting error message after error message regarding my credit card I got a confirmed booking for the WRONG night and it was non-refundable .. what just happened?? I couldn't accept that; I never put in the wrong date when booking. It occurred due to the glitchy webpage is all I can conclude. I called the hotel within 1 min of making the booking and asked for the correct date which happened to be the same night of the day I was making the booking. They apologized but couldn't help me because I made the reservation through an on-line company so they passed me off to Hotels.com. Hotels.com went to my defence and got my money back after negotiating with the hotel directly, but the condition was that I needed to book the junior suite and another $44CDN would be charged to my card.. Apparently the standard room was no longer available.They had me..of course I had to agree or lose the $125. This really ticked me off.

We normally book in advance but this was a same day booking because we had a grandson that had to have some emergency surgery and we wanted to be in Victoria when it happened so we basically just slept there and had breakfast before going back to the hospital.

So now the main reason I am writing this negative review....Breakfast! A huge disappointment. We got to the breakfast room at 9 am. Lots of folks came in after us yet many of the breakfast items were not available. There wasn't an attendant available for about 1/2 hour and I really wanted a hard boiled egg but settle for a yogurt. Among others waiting around there was a young family with two beautiful little girls patiently waiting for someone to refill the pancake machine. Yes the breakfast room has a very cool pancake machine, not waffle, but pancake machine! And one of the little girls, the older of the two, about 4 years old, wanted pancakes. Finally a server came into the depleted breakfast room and when asked she informed the young family that she wouldn't be reloading the pancake machine. Apparently it was now too close to the end of the breakfast period. It was sad to watch the little girl cry. This isn't how you build a reputation as a new hotel chain...

Oh yes ...Check in was good and friendly, room was clean, mattress was low quality, the noise the showers make is unacceptably loud. Especially when your neighbour is showering at midnight.

Room Tip: This is standard hotel we had a junior suite and that didn't help make our stay that comfortable...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Mission, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Must say that having stayed in many hotels over the years and Accent Inn being one of the best. Untill now not only were my reservations cancelled a day before I was set to arrive. When asked why the manager Johnathen rudly stated that I was wrong and even tho my email confimed my point he was still rude and to be honest was just a plain jerk. I will never ever retern to this hotel and I wont ever recommend it to anyone the managet needs a lesson in manners and proper etiquette.

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

First visit to Canada, and to be precise, first stay in a motel (inn) too. Most times stayed in hotels.
With Accent Inn, staff very helpful. Rooms are typical, large and clean, mine was with 2 queen beds, for a single occupancy though. (Reminds me of the movies where they show motels).
Bathroom etc. neat and clean.

Location ok. Bus-stop close by, and across the road, the shopping amenities are close by too, 5mins walk.

Breakfast included, but okish, after 2 days, it starts to get repetitive. (well what can you say, its not a posh-nosh hotel and neither the prices).
The beds are very very comfy. Full air-con always on, its perfect. When I landed, it was a perfect sunny week with highs of 28C.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Purav S
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We found this gem of a hotel and are so happy we did. Our biggest consideration in finding a place was that it had to be affordable and one that would allow us to bring our big dog with us. There are lots of places that will take your small one but not so many who want your big one in their room. Well, here they lived up to their advertising about welcoming us and our big dog. There's lots of green space around the hotel too which makes walking the dog a breeze.
The room was definitely clean and the beds were super comfy with really nice linens.
We were so very pleased and will definitely look forward to staying at another Accent Inn again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Okanagan Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My travel takes me to all kinds of hotels and motels and I judge them based on expectations. I expect them all to be clean and provide decent service, but I obviously expect more when I'm paying premium rates. I have to say that my experience at the Accent Inn in Victoria exceeded expectations. The rooms have been updated and were very comfortable, including decent beds. The service was excellent. They offered a free to pass to a local gym, which was a huge bonus. The only thing I would improve is the breakfast. I just can't do the muffin/bagel/pastry thing. They are renovating, so be aware that things are torn up a bit. That said, I would recommend this motel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice size clean room, comfy beds. Stayed in a kitchenette room which was well stocked. Quiet area even though our room was next to the upper patio area and the soda dispenser. Very convenient parking in the back. Friendly staff, always willing to accommodate. The offerings for breakfast were plentiful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank memaw23
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

A true motel style hotel in the midst of upgrades (aka ongoing construction) right off the main road.

Could be a bit cleaner but overall pretty comfortable.

They offer extra amenities if you forgot to bring yours and they have a small included breakfast - both nice touches.

Not a bad place for an affordable stopover in Victoria ...

• Stayed April 2014