Found this hotel online via Hotel.com and it was a booking nightmare. After getting error message after error message regarding my credit card I got a confirmed booking for the WRONG night and it was non-refundable .. what just happened?? I couldn't accept that; I never put in the wrong date when booking. It occurred due to the glitchy webpage is all I can conclude. I called the hotel within 1 min of making the booking and asked for the correct date which happened to be the same night of the day I was making the booking. They apologized but couldn't help me because I made the reservation through an on-line company so they passed me off to Hotels.com. Hotels.com went to my defence and got my money back after negotiating with the hotel directly, but the condition was that I needed to book the junior suite and another $44CDN would be charged to my card.. Apparently the standard room was no longer available.They had me..of course I had to agree or lose the $125. This really ticked me off.
We normally book in advance but this was a same day booking because we had a grandson that had to have some emergency surgery and we wanted to be in Victoria when it happened so we basically just slept there and had breakfast before going back to the hospital.
So now the main reason I am writing this negative review....Breakfast! A huge disappointment. We got to the breakfast room at 9 am. Lots of folks came in after us yet many of the breakfast items were not available. There wasn't an attendant available for about 1/2 hour and I really wanted a hard boiled egg but settle for a yogurt. Among others waiting around there was a young family with two beautiful little girls patiently waiting for someone to refill the pancake machine. Yes the breakfast room has a very cool pancake machine, not waffle, but pancake machine! And one of the little girls, the older of the two, about 4 years old, wanted pancakes. Finally a server came into the depleted breakfast room and when asked she informed the young family that she wouldn't be reloading the pancake machine. Apparently it was now too close to the end of the breakfast period. It was sad to watch the little girl cry. This isn't how you build a reputation as a new hotel chain...
Oh yes ...Check in was good and friendly, room was clean, mattress was low quality, the noise the showers make is unacceptably loud. Especially when your neighbour is showering at midnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Accent Inn Victoria BC Hotel is the ideal place to stay during your visit to BC’s garden city. The hotel is centrally located to all the city’s major attractions. One of Victoria’s largest shopping malls is right across the street. A short distance away is the Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre venue for great concerts. The University of Victoria, the spectacular inner harbour and Victoria’s downtown business district are minutes by car. Check out our fabulous Whale Watching and Butchart Gardens packages. Rent a Kayak or a Bicycle and enjoy another fantastic way to see the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Accent Inn Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accent Inn Victoria Hotel Victoria
- Accent Hotel Victoria
- Accent Inn Victoria Vancouver Island