“Perfect choice to stay at this hotel”

Accent Inn Victoria
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Mexico City, Mexico
“Perfect choice to stay at this hotel”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel was just perfect for our weekend stay in Victoria. Though it was undergoing some renovation, it wasn't inconvienend at all. It is well situaded, has very good rooms with excellent beds, clean, quiet, though it is located on a big street. Very friendly and helpful staff. I really recomend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Angelika40

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Lucas, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Accent Inns in Victoria, British Columbia, provides a clean, comfortable place to stay in Victoria. It biggest asset is that is close to attractions in Victoria. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Overall it is modest but comfortable. They are undergoing a renovation which should improve the seating and cooling in the breakfast room.

2 Thank CoolPapaGreen
Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I found the name of the Accent Inn on the Butchart Gardens' website, so I thought I'd try it. Because I'm a person with a disability and I have difficulty walking, a young man named Callum picked me up in the hotel's van to the nearest bus stop from the ferry. The van also came in handy when he picked me up in downtown Victoria and his colleague Mary picked me up there in the afternoon.
Since the room designated for persons with disabilities was taken, I was booked into a regular room--a mini-suite, really, with a comfortable couch, a stove, fridge, and microwave (even a tea kettle) and a microwave. For an extended stay, a know these facilities would be very useful, but all I really used were the tea kettle and the microwave.
The hotel offers a continental breakfast which is several rungs above the usual coffee and rolls' it even includes pancakes, which I didn't try, toast, and bagels.
The cleaners, the desk staff, Callum, in fact, everyone I met was as friendly and helpful as I could wish. I hope that when I stay there again (something I would certainly consider doing) the construction near the front entrance is finished and I get to use the new breakfast room!

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room at the back; it's quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank bchamlet
Malcolm S, Manager at Accent Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hello bchamlet,

Thank you for your review, I agree the staff at the hotel are some of the friendliest I've had the pleasure of working with, I am thoroughly pleased that you experienced the best of Accent Inns during your stay.

I receive many positive comments about our shuttle drivers, In fact one of the drivers recently won a Tourism Victoria Hospitality award. We are very proud of him.

You will be happy to hear that construction is in it's final stages. We are all looking forward to the new look. The breakfast room is complete and looks amazing.

Thank you again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Accent Inn.
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Well located, maybe a twenty minute drive downtown. It's on a busy road, but slightly set back which makes it kind of cosier and quieter than you would expect. Place was under minor renos when we stayed there for two nights last week, but no noise or dust. The room was fairly plain but looked to be updated and bright. Place was clean throughout. Air conditioner was quiet. Breakfast was basic but quite adequate. Access to the rooms was via outside entrances, but this did not detract from the comfort and value. There is an outside seating area in the front, where one can have a coffee or read the paper on a nice day, and a small grass area in the back. Good service as well. In summary, good value for money.

Room Tip: We had one of the back rooms, and it was quiet, even with the window ajar all night. Don't know...
Hello John,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate all comments and will surely share the review with the rest of the staff. I am pleased that you found good value with our Inn. The 2nd floor seating area is indeed a great place to kickback, I often find our guests relaxing having their morning coffee or just enjoying a good book.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Accent Inn in Victoria is a perplexing place. On the one hand it offers clean and quite comfortable rooms. Indeed you get the impression that it is very popular. There are however some aspects that potential guests should be aware of. Our stay was over a weekend when there were several young teenagers there. They seemed to be completely unsupervised and spent the evening running around stairs and cooridors. Staff seemdd oblivious to this. Then take breakfast time. One had to feel sorry for latecomers and the sole member if staff in the kitchen. An overcrowded room and the staffmember rushing around trying to cope. Yes the hotel is being renovated but an obvious lack of management being on top of the situation suggests that they are living on a reputation and that can change. Finally a system for storing guest valuables would be welcomed. Several staff seemed unaware that there were safety deposit boxes available. Staff training perhaps also needs addressing. Sadly issues that a well run hotel could have avoided and for us spoilt oyr stay in lovely Victoria.

1 Thank 611sunseekers
Malcolm S, Manager at Accent Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear 611,

Apologies that you did not have the experience you or we wish for. In regards to teenagers being noisy, we try our best to control any guests, young or old, that are or may disturb other paying customers. It’s unfortunate that there are times when folks just don’t think of others. We encourage all our guests to call us at any time (24hrs) if there is any issue related to their enjoyment of our property. As for breakfast. We have just opened our new breakfast room and although we can’t control if a large amount of people wish to use the room all at once we can and are working hard to evaluate and improve our service in that area.

Thank you once again for your feedback, you have my sincerest apologies, all we can ask for is another opportunity to show you why so many others write positively about our hotel. Safe and pleasant travels.
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Although not really close to downtown Victoria or the wharf, the hotel is walk-able for those who like to walk or there is free shuttle service to downtown. We ourselves walked from the wharf to the hotel and were greeted by a very friendly, courteous staff,
We got a junior suite, small but nice, clean, with a microwave. There's also a rubber ducky waiting for you in the bathtub which you can keep-very cute touch.
Breakfast was full with pancakes, yogurts, fruits and more. Dishes and cutlery were real and not plastic!!
Recommended

2 Thank Ofer2014
UK
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night as part of a road trip, the room was clean and comfortable, they offer a small breakfast which was a bonus as we didn't think it was included. There was water, fruit and ferrero rocher's in our room which it a nice little welcoming touch. This place is not bad at all for what we pay for it. Nice little find.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple