“Exceded expectations”

Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Newport Beach, California
“Exceded expectations”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We travel with our 11 year old Wheaton Terrier, so finding quality pet friendly hotels, at a reasonable price is often a challenge. We found the Accent Inn clean, convenient and less expensive than the downtown hotels a mile or so away. The staff was very friendly and extremely efficient. The breakfast was adequate. The air conditioner, unlike many hotels, was not noisy as it cycled on and off. I would stay here again if visiting Victoria or Butchart Gardens.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was a wonderful place to stay. We stayed there when we went on Bowling trips, before they closed the 10 pin bowling. It is quite close to downtown Victoria and an easy bus ride to the inner harbour, parlaiment buildings etc. cost is very reasonable.

Room Tip: It was about 4 years ago when I stayed there for team sports.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Veronica B
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the accent inn Victoria several times. The rooms were neat and clean. The staff was helpful and accommodated several requests that we had. They have just finished the new brunch area, however the items they had need improvement.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank D B
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel was just perfect for our weekend stay in Victoria. Though it was undergoing some renovation, it wasn't inconvienend at all. It is well situaded, has very good rooms with excellent beds, clean, quiet, though it is located on a big street. Very friendly and helpful staff. I really recomend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Angelika40
Lucas, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Accent Inns in Victoria, British Columbia, provides a clean, comfortable place to stay in Victoria. It biggest asset is that is close to attractions in Victoria. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Overall it is modest but comfortable. They are undergoing a renovation which should improve the seating and cooling in the breakfast room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CoolPapaGreen
Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I found the name of the Accent Inn on the Butchart Gardens' website, so I thought I'd try it. Because I'm a person with a disability and I have difficulty walking, a young man named Callum picked me up in the hotel's van to the nearest bus stop from the ferry. The van also came in handy when he picked me up in downtown Victoria and his colleague Mary picked me up there in the afternoon.
Since the room designated for persons with disabilities was taken, I was booked into a regular room--a mini-suite, really, with a comfortable couch, a stove, fridge, and microwave (even a tea kettle) and a microwave. For an extended stay, a know these facilities would be very useful, but all I really used were the tea kettle and the microwave.
The hotel offers a continental breakfast which is several rungs above the usual coffee and rolls' it even includes pancakes, which I didn't try, toast, and bagels.
The cleaners, the desk staff, Callum, in fact, everyone I met was as friendly and helpful as I could wish. I hope that when I stay there again (something I would certainly consider doing) the construction near the front entrance is finished and I get to use the new breakfast room!

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room at the back; it's quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank bchamlet
Malcolm S, Manager at Accent Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hello bchamlet,

Thank you for your review, I agree the staff at the hotel are some of the friendliest I've had the pleasure of working with, I am thoroughly pleased that you experienced the best of Accent Inns during your stay.

I receive many positive comments about our shuttle drivers, In fact one of the drivers recently won a Tourism Victoria Hospitality award. We are very proud of him.

You will be happy to hear that construction is in it's final stages. We are all looking forward to the new look. The breakfast room is complete and looks amazing.

Thank you again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Accent Inn.
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Well located, maybe a twenty minute drive downtown. It's on a busy road, but slightly set back which makes it kind of cosier and quieter than you would expect. Place was under minor renos when we stayed there for two nights last week, but no noise or dust. The room was fairly plain but looked to be updated and bright. Place was clean throughout. Air conditioner was quiet. Breakfast was basic but quite adequate. Access to the rooms was via outside entrances, but this did not detract from the comfort and value. There is an outside seating area in the front, where one can have a coffee or read the paper on a nice day, and a small grass area in the back. Good service as well. In summary, good value for money.

Room Tip: We had one of the back rooms, and it was quiet, even with the window ajar all night. Don't know...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello John,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate all comments and will surely share the review with the rest of the staff. I am pleased that you found good value with our Inn. The 2nd floor seating area is indeed a great place to kickback, I often find our guests relaxing having their morning coffee or just enjoying a good book.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.