“Outstanding service”

Accent Inn Victoria
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 28 August 2014

When we first arrived we were placed in a room that did not meet our expectations, but after gently asking if we could move rooms we were rapidly taken to a much more suitable room, we had a widescreen tv in the living area at the front of the room and one in the bedroom at the back of the room, inbetween these two rooms we had a bathroom. Whilst these hotels are fairly inexpensive compared to competetors they are clean, comfortable and my husband and I found that the service was polite, helpful and went out of their way to assist us in having a wonderful stay, providing local knowledge on the best places to visit and where there was free parking in the town etc...

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise as washing fascilities were on the ground floor and were used througho...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rachel T
Malcolm S, Manager at Accent Inn Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Hello Rachel T

Thank you for taking the time to review Accent Inns Victoria, The front desk team are always eager to share their wealth of local knowledge. I am pleased that you found value with the Inn and that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Accent Inn Victoria

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

It was a convenient location for us, easy to find and the price was right. Our room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast staff was terrific. Breakfast was good except the automatic pancake machine - would have preferred the waffle machine. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank 512Ron
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My family and I stayed here just last week. We had a easy check in and found our room with no problem. It was facing the back of the property and it was very quiet. Our room was clean and quiet. The fridge and microwave were a nice touch as were the rubber ducky left for my kids to play with.
The location was easily accessible and close to everywhere that we needed to go.
The continental breakfast had an ok selection., more fruits would have been nice. The only drawback to this hotel was the breakfast room is too small and there was no room to sit down. We arrived at 0900 for breakfast and at 0930 there was still no seating available.
We would stay again when in Victoria.

Room Tip: get a room facing the back of property - very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Accent Inns did a good job renovating this property. Easy access, clean rooms, great staff and centrally located between two malls with instant access to both highways. 10 minutes to downtown, 15 to Bouchard Gardens, 20 to airport and Ferry. Request a room on the backside if you can though, the road can be noisy when raining. Motel style, outside room access.

Room Tip: Request a room on the backside to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Me and My Family always stay here when Visiting Victoria, whether its visiting Family, Dropping me off at University, or on business. The Location is central to Mayfair and Uptown, two major shopping centres, and about a 10 minute drive to downtown and the University. It's also right on the highway from the Ferry Terminal, so its easy to get to after driving for the entire day.

The hotel also offers things like a free continental breakfast, which includes pancakes dispensed from a really neat machine. As well, there are lots of baked goods and beverages available. Only problem was the size of the breakfast room, as it got quite cramped at peak time leaving no seats available to sit down. But this problem was solved by going upstairs to the lovely patio and enjoying breakfast in the warm early morning sun, so hardly a problem there.

The other amenity offered by the hotel was a little coin Laundromat, which was really handy to wash clothes and the like after a long trip. AS well, there was also a little rubber ducky in the bathtub to greet you. Yes this duck found its way into my bag at the end of the stay. It was also this really quirky humour that really made the experience that much more enjoyable

The final point is the staff, who are extremely friendly. The staff were always happy, and the folks working the breakfast room were very friendly, and even complemented me on my outfit that day!

Overall, its a great hotel in a great location!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back side of the hotel, away from the Highway.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Seamus M
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We started our trip here in Victoria and after an initial failure in the booking system, resolved very satisfactorily, we enjoyed our stay in a comfortable room with a good breakfast buffet. We found this value for the price.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TonyandClaartje
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Hey, my name is Teddy, and I am a 15 month old standard poodle, and I had never stayed in a hotel before Accent Inns Victoria and I LOVED it.

The staff were sooooo friendly to me ... they brought a dog cookie right to the car before I even got out!! ... and it a great place to stay for poodles! I kind of became a Rockstar here and I had NO idea that would happen. They treated me like royalty!

And bonus for Accent Inns? I told so many standard poodle owners about this that we have friends from Calgary and all over the U.S. who said they will book with Accent Inns.

Us standard poodles are BIG dogs so it is really cool to have a place that will take pets like us. We are BIG ... but we don't shed or stink ... and we draw a LOT of attention because of our looks ... so hopefully it is a win-win for everybody.

As a standard poodle, I was in Victoria taking care of my owner, Brenda Johima while she gets chemotherapy for breast cancer, so it was pretty AWESOME that she could have me by her side as soon as she got back to the hotel from treatment at the cancer agency. It made her happy and I was glad to be able to comfort her.

Dogs are family, right? I wanted to be with her. We are meant to be together in tough times. Accent Inns gets it! Us dogs are meant to be with our owners when they are hurting. That's my job :)

What else was good about Accent Inns?

They gave Brenda a discounted medical/compassionate rate for cancer. AWESOME. Saved money! She can't really be in public places after treatment, so guess what? Didn't have to go to restaurants (and leave me in the car) ... why? We had a kitchenette in the room? AND two queen size beds so Brenda's medical escort/driver could be comfy cozy too.

Saved money by not having to go out to restaurants, Brenda could cook healthy foods, crucial to cancer recovery, and she could bring foods from home to avoid germ-y public places. We got to kind of live in a nice clean bubble :)

There were also green spaces in the back parking lot for me to do my doggie business (yea, I picked it up ad put it in the trash. BOL. don't worry) ... and a lovely quiet neighbourhood out back for us to do our daily walks was great too.

I am a good boy (I am told) ... so I brought an X-Pen with me, so I could have my bed with me in my hotel room.

I stayed nice and quiet (except for my new squeaky toy ... I am sorry if I was too loud ... I just LOVE that squeaky thing ... hope I didn't disturb anyone, as I got a little carried away squeaking. BOL.)

My rating for this compassionate medical hotel stay?

It gets a doggie 5* ... why? The staff were super friendly to humans and dogs, it was clean, everybody was professional and efficient, booking (Brenda says) was effortless and quick and accurate and it was QUIET ... we had our room in the back of the hotel ... us dogs like it quiet so we aren't distressed. It was PERFECT.

The best part? FRIENDLY STAFF. It matters! Accent Inns gets customer service.

Thanks Accent Inns Victoria!

Dr. T. (Teddy) ... or you can call me just, Ted.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel for a very quiet stay. Choose a dog/pet friendly room to brin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family