“Not a bad place” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Travel Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Island Travel Inn
Ranked #48 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Vancouver
“Not a bad place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

Checked out several hotels, but no vacancies

So, our friend suggested the Island Travel Inn

Not a bad place, good for one night

Room was clean and had two king size beds

If you need a place for a quick sleep, it's not bad

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TimmyTabasco
Trevor P, General Manager at Island Travel Inn, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again. Please email us direct at info@islandtravelinn.com or myself at gmislandtravel@gmail.com and we would be happy to help you with your reservation needs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
North Bay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

The hotel was older but they are fixing it up. The carpet and paint on the first floor was new. We had a ton of space in our first floor room and had two king sized beds which were really comfortable. I personally really liked the pillows. We used the fridge to store snacks and juice but walked to the restaurants nearby. The price was good for the location. We paid around $106/night including tax and were within 10 minutes of walking to the harbour. The walk was great because it took us through interesting parts of the city. The staff was really helpful and friendly. In fact, the manager drove my husband to the beer store himself! The balcony was small and you couldn't sit out but that didn't matter because we were in Victoria to see the sites not sit in a hotel room. We were only going to stay for two nights but stayed for three. Also, parking was included in the price.

Room Tip: Not sure what the second floor looks like but our first floor room was good and at the back of the h...
2 Thank A P
Renton, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Appliances = outdated
Furniture = old
Bed = old & not comfortable
Room = smell not pleasing AND we're sharing it MICE
Location = very good (near Chinatown, Restaurants, bus stop, Victoria harbor)
Staff = good service
Price = ok

We booked for two nights, since we read some good reviews, good location, & budget friendly, we give it a try...we're disappointed, we'll not stay again & recommend. I reported the mice to the staff at front desk & he immediately gave us a new room. I learned my lesson, I would rather pay extra for a lodging next time as long as my family will be comfortable, safe, & have good experience.

Room Tip: If you're staying for a week or more, book only for one or two nights then if you decided or no...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Trevor P, General Manager at Island Travel Inn, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am really sorry about your negitive view on our hotel. We would like to offer you a discounted rate upon your next visit to Victoria. We have gone under new management and have hired a company to deal with the mice issue. Victoria is over run with mice just like any other large town.. Thank you again for your review it helps up know where we need to improve.

Travellers are raving about these Victoria hotels

Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

We were concerned after reading reviews, but a cousin had stayed here and said tho dated it was clean. this is a motel that is dated, and does need some repairs to the balcony, but we found things to be clean and reasonable, remember you are not going to a 5 star hotel.. We did mention a couple of problems, about a lamp and radio alarm clock not working and they were fixed the same day - we were impressed. You are a 10 minute walk to the Harbour. there is a White Spot kitty corner that you get 10% off by staying here. And the price is reasonable 79.00 for a King Bed Room. Would I stay again? If budget was my concern, Yes I would.

1 Thank VWBug_PR
Burnaby, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

having stayed here 4 0r 5 times before, I thought I was safe. NOT.

this place in or out of recievership, is "rough" to be kind.

had I not been in a hurry I would have moved to another place.
dirty carpets, soiled bedding, stained comforter,no remote for TV, shower blasted water to the ceiling and beyond, blood on the wall in bathroom, pressure washer going ALL day Saturday.

do yourself and family a favour, move on from this dive.

Room Tip: stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank montigny007
Hi just reading through reviews and our review came to my attention as it was not very good. I would like to invite you back to stay at our hotel again on your next visit and see how was have changed. We are under new Management and all new staff. We had a past manager that allowed in everyone and everyone. We now are very strict on our customers. Thank you for taking your time and bringing your issues forward helps me as the new manager improve in these areas
umchenz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I did not read trip advisor before I booked this hotel through Expedia for its location and price. My wife then checked the negative comments before I checked in and complained my booking of a cheap hotel. We arrived in the hotel without high expectation, but I enjoyed the stay. Though I have to agree with those negative comments (the building is old, when a big truck passes by, you can feel the building shaking, it can be a little bit noisy as Douglas is one of the busiest street), but overall the place is safe, clean and tidy, the location is very convenient, it is a nice place to stay with such a good price and free parking.

Room Tip: I will suggest you asking for a room on a second or third floor instead of first floor, the rooms in...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

a little bit noisy at night cause it is near the road. Over all, it is a nice place to stay with such a good price and convenient position.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com