“Raw Restaraint”
Review of Cafe Bliss

Cafe Bliss
Ranked #16 of 40 Dessert in Victoria
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: They serve "100% organic, 100% raw, 100% vegetarian and vegan, 100% wheat and gluten free, 100% fresh and local ingredients, 100% made with love."
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Bliss is a living food raw restaurant with an organic juice bar. The avocado pizza with cashew sour cream, spinach, avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion and bell pepper chipotle sauce on sprouted buckwheat sundried tomato crust is one of my favourites. Occasionally they serve a raw pasta. If it is on the menu I suggest you order it. The raw deserts are decadent. I suggest the bliss square to satisfy a chocolate craving or the raw chocolate hazel nut torte.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I took my meat eating husband to this raw food, vegan restaurant and he loved the Santorini bowl (warmish quinoa salad) so much he wouldn't share. I was disappointed the menu had changed 2 weeks later when I returned but I enjoyed a brown rice dish almost as much as the big Bliss salad I had the first time I found this place, What I didn't care for as much was the sandwich I had on my 3rd visit. It is not really "bread" but a kind of pressed birdseed cracker (raw food means no cooking so no real baking). It had good flavour but was not my cup of tea. Not to be missed are the tasty and invigorating juices. I have tried 4 so far and loved them all. Can't wait to go back on my next visit to Victoria.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Every day that we spent in Victoria we popped into Cafe Bliss for one of their delicious smoothies, veggie juices or light meals. Yes, its pricey, but you also know that you are getting fresh, high quality ingredients that will leave you feeling light and beautifully nourished. The staff are friendly, the environment is loving and the food is delicious. Try a little tasty morsel on your way out and you'll have enough energy to explore Victoria happily. We loved it!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I make a point to get a green smoothie when I'm in downtown Victoria. The rest of the food is good too, but portions are on the small side, so the high price is the only reason I wouldn't give it five stars. Nice atmosphere, too!

Reviewed 30 August 2012

The food is indeed very healthy. I am not a vegetarian/vegan but the Bliss menu shows off how tasty raw food and vegan food can be. The selection is intriguing. Reading the menu board is like reading a gardening magazine. It is expensive however, with a cup of Chai and a medium Thai salad clocking in at $15 and rather hard uncomfortable seating. Worth an occasional visit!