“I Loved My Stay Here”

Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
BC
“I Loved My Stay Here”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I really loved the one bedroom sweet, it was such a nice room. My favorite part is the balcony you can go out on. Really clean and friendly & helpful staff :) I want to stay here every time I go to Victoria! Recommend this hotel for sure.

1 Thank Tara L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Korean first
Illinois
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My family of 5 had a lovely stay! We reserved a 1 bedroom suite but were kindly upgraded to a 2 bedroom penthouse suite. Very nice! Each bedroom had a king bed plus there was a pull out sofa. My kids loved having all the space to spread out. There was a full kitchen, a dining area, a sun room with glass/sliding doors on three sides, and balconies off most of the rooms. The views of the harbor were lovely and my children loved watching the seaplanes take off and land. We were on the side of the hotel farthest from the Parliament building so at night, we could only see part of it lit up. Nevertheless, the views were amazing. The beds/linens were comfortable, but I would've preferred a comforter to a blanket. The decor was dated and while I loved most everything about the Victoria Regent, I think it could use a bit of a facelift. That said, the suite was very clean and everything was in working order. You can tell the staff really cares. All of the staff was just lovely and so helpful. Made us feel right at home. We really appreciated the complimentary continental breakfast. For $2/person you can choose what you want the night before and have it delivered to your room. This was such a bonus since we had the dining table to eat at. Trying to wrangle 3 kids down to breakfast is such a pain, so it was fantastic to be able to eat in a leisurely manner and use the space. Some reviewers complained that there were no hot selections on the menu, but we thought there was plenty to choose froom...cereals, bagels, english muffins, toast, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. Others complained about the lack of a/c, but it wasn't necessary with all the windows/sliding doors and the nice breeze off the harbor. It was very nice to have parking beneath the hotel given how congested downtown Victoria gets. The hotel is located right in the heart of downtown and an easy walk to everything. It was a great value for the price and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it.

1 Thank fijichick
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed in a two bedroom suite with view of the wonderful Victoria port. We almost got lost in the space of the apartment. All facilities are there.....but airconditioning. Sliding doors to the balcony can be opened from any room. Just great as is the location of the hotel. On Saturday a noisy bachelor party was started in the hotel but quickly terminated bu hotel staff (we think).

Two issues to beware of:
- the approach of the waterplanes is directly over the hotel between the ours of (about 8am and 8pm). You can enjoy their airobatics very much, bit some might be irritated by their noise. We are sensitive to noise but did not consider it an issue,just enjoyed the show.
- streetnoise (nearby bridgeroad) was very audible.

We would definitely stay here again next time.

Ontario
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed here at the end of July. We had a lovely 2 bedroom suite with 2 king beds. The room was very clean and the views of the harbour were amazing. The balcony was an added bonus that we really enjoyed. Each room had a large bathroom, one with a jacuzzi tub and shower and the other with a bath and shower. The beds were extremely comfortable with fine linens. We did not hear any outside noise from other rooms. The free parking was underground and convenient. The complimentary breakfast was also great with muffins, pastries, ceral, fresh fruit, etc. all served in a quaint area with harbour views. The lack of air conditioning concerned me initially, coming from an area where summer temperatures do not decrease much in the evening. Do not worry at all. Most
hotels do not have air conditioning, as it is not needed. Our room was never too warm and the weather was warm and sunny during our visit. They do have fans (located in the closet) if you
need the extra air. The temperature dropped after 6 pm which made it very comfortable to sleep
later on in the evening.
We ate at a good restaurant 2 minutes away (I can't remember the name, sorry. It was on Wharf street, across the street at the beginning of the pedestrian mall).
Great hotel that I would highly recommend to anyone.

Thank J.L.B.2
Mukilteo
Reviewed 12 August 2012

With no shops or air conditioning, the hotel here is basically a place to lay your head in the evening and have breakfast in the morning but it is worth the savings if you are on a budget. The hotel offers complimentary parking...a big savings....and a complimentary continental breakfast...another big savings. We had a great room big enough for the teenagers to escape the adults if they wanted to. The room we had included a kitchen with a freezer to stick your head in to cool down but it was too hot to cook. I appreciated that the hotel was located near most of the attractions we wanted to visit but there was no escape from the heat. The view of everything going on in the harbour was awesome and the water ballet on Saturday was really cute to watch. The front desk was always pleasant and had good tips and directions to get us to where we wanted to go. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept on in my life. It was really nice to come back to a very clean room every day as the housekeeping staff was superb. At night the breeze from the water helped cool it down also as there were 3 sliding glass doors that we were able to open and felt safe doing so due to the way they are positioned. Just don't try to cool it down during the day as the sun is on the window side. The staff provided us with three fans too so that helped. If I go to Victoria again, I will go back to the Regent due to the savings we enjoyed. During my research of hotels in the area, for two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, large living room and three decks we would have to pay triple anywhere else. The only drawback was the air conditioning.

2 Thank Mitch S
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just got back from a fantastic second stay at the Victoria Regent.

Located right in downtown Victoria, the Regent was a great option for our group as many of the city's best attractions (nightlife, Chinatown, restaurants, etc) were only a short walk away.

We stayed in the two-bedroom suite, which came with two queens in each bedroom. We also called up for an extra cot, which was waiting for us upon arrival. Lots of space for sleeping!

The suite was very spacious and had a breathtaking view of the Victoria harbour. The waterfront deck (accessible from both bedrooms as well as the living room) was definitely a plus.

Breakfast wasn't anything special, but it was free.

The service was friendly and professional.

Overall a great value, as the total for the suite ended up being $403 for six people during the peak season.

I would definitely recommend the Victoria Regent to any of my friends, and I know I'll be back in the future.

Room Tip: Water-facing rooms are a must, but if you're more concerned about the cost, city-facing rooms ar...