I have stayed at the Union Club before and when I needed to book a hotel in VIctoria for a few nights I decided to return. I appreciate the central location but also staying here gives the guest access to the dining room, which in my opinion offers some of the best food in Victoria. Breakfast is included and the breakfast menu offers many options, including greek yogurt with honey and berries, which I appreciated having as an alternative to richer offerings like eggs benedict. The dinner buffet was Greek-themed, and was very good. I did not stay on a night when the fine dining menu was offered, but the a la carte dinner and lunch options were excellent; I would return just to have the Cobb salad again. Twice when people noticed I was eating alone they invited me to join their table, which I appreciated even though I declined the invitations. For the most part the service was very good, although the breakfast server was slow to offer refills on coffee even when the restaurant was not busy. There is a self-service coffee station nearby and some guests finally went to help themselves. The restaurant did have a coffee station in the center of the room and I was expecting that to be the source of my refills. If the staff would prefer guests to do self-service maybe they need to make that clear. The service at lunch and dinner was impeccable and on the basis of exceptional service for those meals I will still give the Union Club five stars for service. I did not spend much time in the room since I had a lot to do in Victoria; I found it unremarkable but acceptable. The dining room and public spaces are quite elegant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Union Club of British Columbia was established in 1879 and is rich in history. The Club features old Victorian decor with rich wood motifs and offers you affordable elegance while visiting Victoria, the City of flowers. Situated across from Victoria Harbor, the Club is in the heart of the tourist, shopping and business districts. As an overnight guest at the Inn at the Union Club, you are welcome to use all of the club’s facilities which include our Business Centre, Billiard Room, Library, Reading Room and during the summer season our Roof Top Garden. For dining purposes you may join us for casual breakfast, lunch or dinner in our McGregor Lounge, or for more formal dining, in our McKenzie Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Union Club British Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Union Club British Columbia Hotel Victoria
- Union Hotel Victoria
- Union Hotel British Columbia
- Union Club British Columbia Victoria, Vancouver Island