“Convenient, comfortable motel”

Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here for one night during a bike trip and it was important that the motel be conveniently located. It was a short ride from the ferry to the motel. Our room was clean, the beds comfortable, with good temperature control. We enjoyed the indoor pool. The staff was very pleasant. There was no breakfast and the room was a bit expensive. We did not have a car. There were several very nice lunch spots within two blocks on Blanshard Street.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Followthesons,

As a Senior Contributor here on Trip Advisor it is always great to have such a positive review of our hotel.

Thank you for pointing out all of the things you enjoyed. Our housekeeping staffs do a great job of making sure that all of our guests have a clean room to stay in. The beds were all replaced last year and I could set up sideline business selling them we get so many good comments on their comfort.

Our location makes it ideal for going out to eat there are about 50 restaurants within 5 blocks of us serving every kind of food imaginable and we have three of our staff that are true foodies and are very good at making recommendations for places to eat.

Once again thank you, and the next time you are out for a bike trip please stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This hotel is just a short walk to the waterfront. We paid roughly $120 a night which I would say makes this an excellent value (I agree with a previous review (ironman224) that at $175 / night I would have rated it lower. The rooms were simple and it had a small pool which would be fine for kids (we didn't use it).

For us it was a great value to explore victoria

Location wise, its a very short walk to the Bus Station and there were a couple bike rental places located just a block away.

I would stay there again for a similar rate.

One caution, the sound proofing between rooms isn't very good. Either that or the neighbours in the adjoining room enjoyed 'Harry met Sally' a few times with the volume way up on our last night. (you have to be over 40 to get that reference....;)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear greaume,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Our location is certainly one of the comments we hear a lot of and as far as value goes we are always very competitive with the hotels located in the downtown area. We believe in good value for money and as I pointed out to ironman224 the rate he paid was $139 per night which for the time of year here in Victoria is a very reasonable rate. As we all know to well there is little I can do about taxes and we do have our share of them here in BC.

I did smile when you made the reference to “Harry Met Sally” and I will leave that one well enough alone and for those people out there reading this I hope they see the humour in it also. One thing I will mention is if you are ever in that predicament again, please feel free to call the front desk and we will do our best to get them to turn down the volume.

Once again thank you for your review, your comments are very important to us.

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Location, location location! Within easy walking distance to most downtown attractions. Get there early if you need a parking place, only a limited number of spaces. The hotel does have a washer dryer which comes in handy for long distance travelers. Some rooms open to a central patio which allows for fresh air. Rooms are relatively small but well-kept. It does look aged, but clean

• Stayed: September 2013
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear IowaTraveller68,

Thank you for your review here in Tripadvisor it is always great to hear from top contributor like yourself.

Location is king for Victoria as all the main attractions are within blocks of our hotel we have many guests that bring a car and park it and don’t use it again until they depart.

You pointed out our small underground parking we have under the hotel, just so you know across the street from our hotel we have our unlimited overflow secure underground parking so to assure you we have unlimited underground parking.

I have also passed your comments to the housekeeping staff on the cleanliness of the rooms as they work very hard to make sure every guest has a clean and wonderful stay with us and we all understand the importance of a clean room.

I am not sure which room you stayed in we do have a few rooms on the smaller size but the majority are larger two queen bed rooms which offer a much larger room. If you do stay with us again ask for a double queen or king bed room and I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the size of those rooms.

We have been updating rooms and have many more plans in the future I hope that we have another opportunity to have you stay with us so you may see the changes that are constantly going on with the hotel.

Once again thank you for your input and being a member of Tripadvisor, we do listen and take all reviews and comments seriously.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Pros: Very clean room. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Our king room with jetted tub, balcony and mini kitchen was surprisingly spacious. Big plus was that we could walk to harbor, Museum, Government Street shops and restaurants.

Cons: The décor is a bit dated. We were disappointed in breakfast at the attached Argyle Attic restaurant, but there are lots of other restaurants close by.

All in all we were very happy with location and price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jamie L, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear IowaTraveller68,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like you stayed in one of our King Jacuzzi Suites. They are definitely one of my favourite room types here. The size of the room is great as you mentioned, and the kitchenette really helps if you are staying longer than a couple nights.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your breakfast in the Argyle Attic. The restaurant is a separate business to the hotel, but I will be sure to pass your comments on to their manager.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you can look forward to welcoming you back.

Laura Caceres
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the downtown Victoria Quality Inn. We've been there before so we knew it was right downtown, clean, comfortable and affordable. We were hoping the same staff would be there as we were so impressed with them the first time we stayed.

And they were ! The three people at the front desk we dealt with were so welcoming and accommodating. Anything we asked about or needed to know, they were right there with the information, and always with a smile.

I've been in the retail business for many years, and I do know how hard it is to always be cheerful, friendly and professional. The staff at the front desk are the first contact the public has with a hotel, and I don't think you could find better people to represent a hotel than the three we encountered at the Quality Inn.
We look forward to seeing them again when we return, which we will.

I also want to comment on the people we saw in the hallways as we came and went during the day, the people cleaning the rooms. When we would greet them, they would smile and say hello. You could see they were working hard, yet they still stopped for just a moment to say hello. It was a pleasure to encounter them.
And was the room clean, indeed it was !

The woman working in the restaurant in the morning was also very friendly and helpful. She even remembered us from our stay last year; now that's amazing ! The food is darn good too !

They have a great staff there, and they are an important reason we want to return to the hotel next time we come to Victoria. It is a pleasure to stay at the downtown Quality Inn, and the people working there make it that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tsankawi2013

Dear Tsankawi2013,

Welcome to Trip Advisor and thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

The staff here have been with us for a long time some as many as 39 years and a few more that have been with us 20 years plus. The obvious benefit for our repeat guests is they get to see familiar face and for our new guests the staff have such an intimate knowledge of the hotel and the city of Victoria which is always really appreciated.

Our housekeeping staff do work very hard there is no harder or important job in a hotel than making sure that all of our guests have a clean comfortable room to stay in.

I have also passed on your kind words to the staff at the restaurant and though we do not operate the Argyle Attic restaurant we do work very closely with them and we consider them part of the family here.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We spent 2 nights here and found we never had to drive our car since the hotel was close enough to walk to everything. While the hallways were a little bit tight, the hotel is very nice overall. The rooms have been updated and are clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. One thing to make a note of, if you have a rack on top of your car with a box or a taller vehicle, you won't be able to use their parking. The staff let us park right by the check-in area though so it worked out just fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Checkbook
Jamie L, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Checkbook,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us, it's always great to hear from a senior contributor!

Thank you for pointing out our great location. I've found that most of our guests just park their cars and walk to all the city's attractions. Our underground parkades do have height restrictions, as you mentioned. If we have the space available in our breezeway, we are always happy to let guest's with over height vehicles park there. I'm glad to hear you were able to take advantage of that handy space.

Thank you as well for your lovely comments about our team. They do a fantastic job and we are very lucky to have such a friendly bunch!

I hope we can look forward to seeing you again.

Laura Caceres
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I spent a couple of days in Victoria to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The staff at the Quality Inn was friendly and helpful, offering suggestions to maximize the short amount of time we had there. What was truly amazing was their assistance when I left my iPad in their lobby, and didn't realize it until we were approaching customs to board the Clipper. Instead of just shipping it to me, they drove it down to the ferry and delivered it personally to Clipper staff who handed it to me on board. I can't say enough kind words about them!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Inker66

Dear lnker66,

Thank you for your great review and welcome to Trip Advisor.

Happy 25th Anniversary congratulations.

The staff was happy to read your review it always puts a smile on their face when guests like yourself take the time to recognize the hard work that they do day in and day out. I was glad to see you got your iPad back, I was the one that raced down to the ferry to make sure that you had it back I know I would be lost without mine even for a day.

We wish you many more happy years together and hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us the next time you visit Victoria.

Once again thank you for your comments.