“Very friendly staff”

Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
“Very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights and was very pleased with the friendly staff and the clean rooms. Make sure to check out the Argyle Attic for Breaky and supper great food and awesome discount for staying at the hotel. Will definitely stay here again, Great Value!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Timothy S,

Thank you for your great review! I'm thrilled to hear your enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the comments about our friendly staff - they are a great bunch!

The Argyle Attic is a separate business to the hotel but I'll be sure to pass along your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Jamie Lewis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Joao Pessoa, PB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Positive points
- Located close to the harbor area (walking distance to the touristy parts of town and pubs/restaurants).
- Well maintained and clean.
- Comfortable bed and large room.
- Fridge, microwave, iron and hair dryer in the room.
- Free wi-fi.
- Great value for money.

Negative points
- Breakfast is not included
- Pay parking

Conclusion: I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the third floor (traditional room).
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Amiemoreira,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm happy to read that the positives greatly outweighed the negative aspects and that you would definitely stay again!

It is true that we do not include breakfast in our rates, there is a restaurant on site at the hotel that is open for breakfast and dinner. While the Argyle Attic is a separate business to the hotel they do offer our guests a fantastic 25% discount on food!

Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again soon!

Sulphur Springs, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here while visiting beautiful Victoria, BC. The hotel was located close to the harbor area. In fact, I walked to the harbor, Parliament, the fisherman's Warf and Imax theater. The hotel isn't new, but appears to be well maintained. The staff was very friendly and suggested several local restaurants. Parking is in their gated garage and does cost $9 per day.

Room Tip: Parking is $9 but they said I could come and go for no additional charge.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Keith L
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Keith L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, it's always great to hear from a Senior Contributor!

It sounds like you really enjoyed your time in Victoria. We do have a great location as you mentioned. We find that most of our guests just park their cars and explore the city on foot as you did.

Thank you again for your kind words. If you find yourself in Victoria again we look forward to welcoming you back!

Jamie
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked this hotel because of an attractive price and convenient location but will return because of the excellent service and friendly atmosphere. To me it almost had the feel of a boutique hotel - small with staff who knew me immediately (I never had to give my room number at the desk) and the few requests that I had were dealt with pleasantly, efficiently, and expediently.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Eviscent,

Thank you very much for your glowing review. The benefit of being a small property is that we have the opportunity to really get to know our guests. We are very proud of our team here; they are usually the reason that our guests keep coming back and I am so happy to hear that they exceeded your expectations on your recent visit!

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

The price you pay for this room matches the value you get. I didn't feel like I got a great value for what I paid, but I wasn't expecting a ton of extras given the low price. The room was clean, however it was a bit noisy because there wasn't a ton of insulation and we were situated in an area that had a lot of kids. However, if you are looking for a clean place with a pretty good location and aren't looking to pay much, then this hotel is a good option for you. My stay was just fine.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear GottaGetAway234,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. While it sounds like you enjoyed your stay, I'm sorry to hear you didn't feel like you got great value for money on this occasion. We strive to be the best value hotel in downtown Victoria. If you have any suggestions on how we could improve our services please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you again. If you find yourself in Victoria in the future I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Our kitchenette had room for our extra roll away bed. Pool is small but nice and warm. Special treat was the steam room! There was no traffic noise in 229 but we had a lot of movement noise from the room above (who tromps around their hotel room at all hours??) so I recommend getting a third floor room. Easy walking to the harbor, museum, and shopping.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Kinwa,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Kitchenette Suites. I find that having a kitchenette always makes being away from home that much easier.

I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed the pool and steam room. We can't really complain about our winters in Victoria but there is nothing better than sitting in a steam room after walking around on a cold, rainy day is there?

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed here over the weekend from a Living Social deal. Customer service was top notch- everyone I talked to (on phone and at the front counter) which was the only reason I was able to overlook and not make a fuss about the odd sketchy hair (that wasn't mine) i found on the top blanket on my bed when crawling into bed.
Location was close enough to the touristy parts of town, kids liked having a pool, and it was nice having a fridge and microwave in the room. they even gave me a 25% off coupon for the restaurant but we didn't eat there- ordered a pizza instead and they delivered to my room door!
Glad I found this hotel, would return even if I didn't have another LivingSocial coupon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear JKido,

I would like to start by thanking you for your review. You mentioned that you stayed on the great LivingSocial deal we ran in October last year. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again. We strive to be the best value hotel in downtown Victoria, so even without a LivingSocial coupon I'm sure we could help you pick out the perfect room for your family at a great rate!

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay. We hope to see you again soon!