“AWFUL AWFUL AND EXTREMELY NIGHTMARE.”

Bedford Regency Hotel
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
seattle
“AWFUL AWFUL AND EXTREMELY NIGHTMARE.”
Reviewed 10 October 2007

Everytime we get on the Victoria BC ferry boat. We saw an ad about Bedford Regency Hotel is a great place to stay while visit in Victoria BC. They promised that they serve nice breakfast the morning. But they do not serve breakfast and any hot meal at all. We were shocked and disappointed that we did not have nice breakfast at all also hot meals. We realized that Bedford Regency Hotel is totally clueless. STAY AWAY FROM BEDFORD REGENCY HOTEL. IT IS TOTALLY SUCK. from Seattle, Washington. USA.

Stayed October 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
vancouver, bc
Reviewed 2 October 2007

Stayed here for one night in late September.

Problem #1: We had just checked in and were taking a short afternoon nap when another guest walked right into our hotel room! Apparently there was some confusion at the front desk and they mixed up the rooms and coded this other guests key for our room! All I can say is thank god we were just sleeping!!

Problem #2: Lack of hot water! When I pay to stay in a hotel room I expect things like hot water. The water coming from the taps and shower was lukewarm. This is probably what completely turned me off of this hotel.

Problem #3: The duvet is not in a proper duvet cover...it is stuck between two sheets. I don't know how often they wash these duvets so I kept having to adjust the sheets throughout the night as I did not want the duvet touching me!

Problem #4: SUPER LOUD plumbing noises. I almost jumped out of the bed in a panic that morning. It freaked me right out of my sleep! I understand your hotel is old but please....!

Problem #5: Breakfast was digusting. Everything was covered in grease and the eggs had a weird coating on them. Complete waste of 20 bucks.

Problem #6: Front desk staff not very competent. When we checked out and paid for parking ($10.60) I gave the girl $20.60. She put it in the register and proceeded to give me my receipt and send me on my merry way. I had to ask her for my $10 back!!

So although it seemed like I was getting a great deal and only paid $92 CDN for this room it was definitely not a deal at all. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed September 2007
1 Thank bb78

Travellers are raving about these Victoria hotels

Bedfordshire
Reviewed 29 September 2007

We stayed at the Bedford Regency for three days recently and the hotel is well located, clean and tidy. Our rate included a very nice breakfast too. However, I had made it very clear to the hotel before we arrived that we wanted a suite type room with a separate bedroom and living area as we were travelling with our 14 mo th old son. This was promised to me and then when we arrived not only was our room not as described but they admitted to having no such rooms! So, beware false promises is my only tip!

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank SGF123
Berkshire, UK
Reviewed 20 June 2007

The Bedford Regency is a reasonably priced hotel in a good central location.

The room was clean, but the air conditioning could have been better - our room was particularly warm (even though the weather wasn't that warm!) and we sometimes had difficulty getting hot water in the shower.

However, given the price and location, this hotel met our needs for a short stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Airconditioning problems
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Reviewer32
Chilliwack,B.C
Reviewed 18 June 2007

This is the letter that I wrote the hotel and never recieved a responce to....

I'm just writing to let you know how upset I am with your hotel. I feel like nothing was done about it and the hospitality wasn't there. I wasn't expecting a 5star hotel and when we brought our bags into our room sat night I thought it looked pretty cute. I stayed in #27 on the second floor.

To start things off with the problems I would have to say it was the parking. We paid for parking but when we drove to park our truck the clearance was 6"2 Our canopy was scrapping against the metal and we couldn't park there. So we parked across the street in the insecure parking area. We asked the guy at the secured parking and he thought it would be ok. We got a parking ticket.

Then at night we got back and we were freezing. I was looking forward to the jacuzzi tub and when I went to turn the hot water on the knob came right off and nothing came out. I called down to the front desk and the girl said it happens all the time and to leave it on and the water would eventually come out. 10 mins later it did. This should be fixed because I wasn't happy having to wait so long for it and I'm sure no one else would be either.
So fine whatever the tap finally worked but then I crawled into bed to find dried up crustied paint all over my sheets!! I called down the girl appologized and said someone would come out right away. They did come right away and gave us two sheets but they also just left and expected me to make my own bed. While staying at a hotel I don't expect to have to make my own bed when someone has made it wrong to begin with!!
I called down and complained but all I got was 'oh i'm so sorry'. I don't think that in a business of hospitality this should be your answer to all the things that have happened. I'm really upset and it has been the worst experience that I have ever had with a hotel. I've stayed at alot of hotels but for spending 150.00 on a room, I didn't think I would have an experience like this.
I really think you need to fix room 27 and get on top of why those sheets were even put on that bed!! Plus you should inform your guests that if they are driving something larger than a car they will have to find their own parking!

Needless to say, they never responded. So if your going to book at this hotel beware!! I've never writen an advisory but this one I felt I needed to warn people about!!

• Liked — The location was great, the hotel was horrible.
  • Disliked — Don't get me started,...
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frankiepop
Victoria
Reviewed 18 May 2007

We had an ok stay at the Bedford only because they lost our reservation and we were upgraded to the top-of-the-line suite (the one with the fireplace). The hotel would be fine if it were cheaper, but it is generally shabby and the staff, while mostly kind, are not terribly competent. Here is what we found:

-The hallway was lined with dirty linens, piled up in the stacks
-The room we upgraded to was fine, but I'd advise against a room overlooking the "courtyard" as there is no real courtyard (if you face the courtyard your window would just be looking at the windows of other guests)
-The restaurant (where you get your free breakfast) was TERRIBLE. The waiter was rude and slow and the food was awful. The wait staff seems to run around but I'm not sure what they're really doing. They seem to be making a show of being too busy to make eye contact, but there weren't many people there. The table next to us walked out when they got their food.
-The morning coffee/tea service never arrived.

We did have a nice stay, since our room had a good fireplace and nice, deep tub. But this is the kind of place where you feel that management is trying its best to do everything as cheaply as possible.

The building has character, and if their prices were cheaper, this would be a fun place to stay (kind of like the Moore hotel in Seattle, which is an old building but a great deal).

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank natashas_parasol
Edmonton Area
Reviewed 27 April 2007

Horrible front desk staff - we were told under 80 for a room - because they only had one room left - they raised the price to something like 150 - save your money - go further down Douglas Street to a cute and cozy (and friendly) Inn called Pauls Motor inn - forget the rude over priced Bed Ford regency - I know its hard to trust a stranger but really go to Paul's Motor Inn - fab place - nothing but nice things to say about Pauls

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with friends