“Perfect Victorian Setting for our Elopement”

Humboldt House Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #11 of 93 Victoria B&B and Inns
Shoreline, Washington
“Perfect Victorian Setting for our Elopement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

The room was romantic and lovely (surprised at no shower, but the jacuzi tub was what we really wanted anyway...). The food was fantastic, and delivered via a dumbwaiter so no need to greet someone at the door for room service. Delicious and cozy. Since we eloped, the owners and other guests became our wittnesses and added to the impromtu wedding so beautifully. Will have to go back for anniversaries and other visits to Victoria. Love it!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be an excellent choice.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was a great location as we were close to everything and enjoyed beautiful walks downtown. Our room was breathtaking and made this into the whole old Canada experience. The wood burning fireplace had the aromatic cedar wood to burn in it and relaxing in the jacuzzi tub made this an excellent place to unwind, relax and leave your stress behind. The breakfast was another experience and I still miss them. Beautiful breakfast which I won't go into detail and ruin the surprise. Discreet and great proprieter as he was always there when we needed something but otherwise invisible.
I would highly recommend this as a romantic getwaway or a place to unwind from the daily grind. I left my troubles behind in about 15 min. We were able to walk every where and only needed transportation to and from the airport. We were witnesses for a couple who had there wedding ceremony in the parlour - it was a beautiful place to do this.
I can't think of anything I would want different about my stay at Humboldt House.
Darlene P

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Darlene P
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

My husband and I spent this past Christmas as guests at Humboldt house b&B and it exceeded our expectations. Our first time staying at Humboldt House, we decided to stay in the Gazebo room and it was just beautiful. The house was peaceful, festive and the hosts were warm and inviting. We felt at home and relaxed and loved the opportunity to have our own little cocoon with a comfy bed, crackling fireplace and jacuzzi tub. The idea of breakfast being passed into our room in a basket was perfect as we could lay in bed and wait for the little knock at the door...what a treat. You can select your breakfast the night before and choose the time you would like them to deliver it to your room. We loved just getting out of bed and eating in our pyjamas in the privacy of our room. We now consider this place our little get away and can't wait to return. I'm going back for mother's day with my daughter and some lady friends and would recommend it to anyone looking for a heavenly hideaway.

Room Tip: The Gazebo room was very spacious but we sneaked a peek into some of the other rooms and they all se...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

A devine retreat from modern day life. Ideally situated the Humboldt house is in the perfect location for both business and pleasure. The surroundings were luxurious and the breakfast divine. No need for awkward breakfast chat in a shared dining room, a delightful layered basket of delicious treats was privately delivered. In room jacuzzi tub, roaring fire and David's handmade truffles, it doesn't get much better. Quick walk to all the sights of Victoria. Go visit - you won't regret it!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

We chose this location on our day of arrival on October 15th. David was very pleasant about not requiring a deposit when I told him we would be there in 2-4 hours. He gave us directions of where to get off the city bus/BC transit and it was a two block walk from there. The next day we rented a car from national car rental and we were able to return to the airport on the 17th for one day rental. It is easy walking through Beacon hill park to a paved path by the ocean front.

David let us view both available rooms on the top floor and we chose the Gazebo room. He was very patient with waiting for husband and wife to make a choice and even moved the TV into our room. The room is very comfortable with a nice bed and warm comforter. I was anticipating a separate shower in the private bathroom but it has only a toilet. The jetted tub is very nice and has a hand held shower head but I doubt is intended to be used as a shower. I felt like I was in an outdoor patio jacuzzi. Nice :). The fireplace was so neat to have real crackling firewood already to light. It got a little smokey in the room so be sure to crack the window as suggested. The wireless for our iPhone and iPad was a weak signal that required me to walk down the hallway to get connected. It worked pretty well after that dropping connection only once or twice.

The breakfast served in a basket through the door was well presented, warm, nice selection, great coffee and fun to feel like room service or a picnic in your room. :). Also we were able to park the rental car behind the B&B for free.

I really enjoyed our stay, David was very helpful and I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Gazebo is spacious, bright, quite and cozy.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jill L
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Dave was a wonderful host. Very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the delicious breakfast delivered to our room. The location was convenient to restaurants, shopping and the lovely Victoria waterfront. We stayed in the Edward's Room. It was a little dark at night (or maybe our eyes are just getting old!).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Laupahoehoe, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

I researched many B&B's before we chose this one, and we were very pleased. We especially liked getting to choose our breakfast time and having it delivered via a knock on our door and then through a "pass through" in the wall. There were four breakfast choices, and the crepes and eggs benedict we had were delicious as were the scones and croissant.

I wish we'd asked for a regular blanket as we got too warm with the comforter, but that was our fault for not doing so. Getting in and out of the jacuzzi might be a bit easier with a grab bar.

Overall, it was a lovely stay, and I would recommend this place to others. Great convenient location as well since we didn't travel with a car. The truffles are very tasty and welcome.

Room Tip: We were in the Mikado Room and though it was in front and on the first floor, it was very quiet. My...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple