I think I've been robbed! Oh wait, nevermind - I just stayed at the Days Inn Victoria on the Harbour and it just feels that way!
Stayed at this hotel for two nights with a friend. We were in a room with one queen bed on the second floor of the hotel. First of all, the room was TINY. By far, the smallest room I have ever stayed in, this includes all of Europe, my rooms were even bigger in Paris!
Second of all, there is no a/c. Unbelievable. Sure it is not usually too warm in BC, but it has been warmer lately. Surely the hotel can retrofit the rooms. It was so hot in the rooms. Our room was on the end of the hotel, right above the staff entrance to the kitchen. All day and night, all we heard were kitchen staff complaining about their jobs, smoking, swearing and we even overheard a staff meeting. We had to have the window open because it was so warm.
The room was run down, with mountains of bird poo on the window ledge, dead bugs on the sill. It was my worst nightmare. I had a very difficult time sleeping with the temperature, the noise, cigarette smoke wafting in and the fact I felt like I was in a broom closet.
For the price, it was terrible. I urge you to stay somewhere else, I actually couldn't wait for our trip to end because I hated the room so much. Our room was never cleaned and we had to call down to the front desk and then he came up and did it. He was nice but the room should have been cleaned earlier.
This hotel has no personality, does not have clean or quality accommodation and the only good thing about it is the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly located on Victoria’s downtown Inner Harbour, walking distance to Convention Centre, Parliament Buildings, Beacon Hill Park, restaurants, shopping, attractions and more. Clean, comfortable guest rooms and an onsite restaurant/lounge, seasonal outdoor heated pool, year-round whirlpool, parking, complimentary high-speed Internet access, local calls, coffee/tea/kettle. Harbourview, Pet-friendly, and Kitchenette rooms available. Come and visit our beautiful Garden City, and we’ll take care of the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Victoria Days Inn
- Days Inn - Victoria On The Harbour Vancouver Island