Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour
  • Breakfast included
Embassy Inn(Victoria)
The Fairmont Empress(Victoria)
1,538 results
All reviewsgreat locationferry terminalrooms are smallblack ball ferrycontinental breakfastwithin walking distancewould stay againfront desk staffempress hotelking beddowntown areaparliament buildingharbourmuseumcanadavancouver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2007

Could not ask for a better place to stay. Took the Victoria clipper from Seattle and it is just a short walk from the dock to the Hotel. The rates were very goodm and there was a resturant in the hotel. the food was very good, the prices good and the service was great. The Hotel was within walking distance of the Harbor. Would advise a trip on the Water taxi, 45 min. with lots of information about the area. Bouchart Gardens are a must. Took the Greyline and also great naration on the way to the gardens. Allow 1/2 day at least for the gardens. The food in the Gardens was expensive and O,K,, Had lunches at Sam's Deli on the Harbour...excellent food, good value. They packed a dinner for us to take on the Clipper for our return trip to Seatt,le.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jocmac
Reviewed 29 June 2007

We visited Victoria last week for a convention. The hotel was recommended by the convention organizers. After we had already booked our room, I read the terrible reviews posted on Trip Advisor by previous guests. I was really expecting the worst when we arrived, especially when I saw the attached liquor store, but was pleasantly surprised at how satisfying it actually was. The hotel does need updating but it is mostly just an aesthetic issue. Nevertheless, the rooms were comfortable and clean and the staff was more than helpful. They do not have air conditioning but neither do many of the shops or restaurants in town. The climate is so mild, we never would have needed it. Fans are provided in the rooms. There is an attached bar and restaurant (open breakfast through lunch), which was convenient although, not surprisingly, the food was very average. It can get noisy if you have a harbour-side room but no more than the screeching seagulls off the water. Parking is great. The location is one of the best in the city. We could walk just about everywhere. When you consider what you are paying (in an otherwise pricey city), this hotel is actually a great value. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank emborland
Reviewed 25 October 2006

I've been to Victoria many times, and try to stay somewhere different each time. Victoria is a smorgasbord of hotels, with something for every taste. That said, this Days Inn is the blandest, most mediocre place I've ever stayed in that charming city. For about $100 I got a room just over the front door, with a window that opened, but I certainly wouldn't leave it open, as there's a huge shared balcony just outside, and being a woman alone, it's just not safe. The room was small, the bathroom was small with a recently patched section of the wallpaper that looked amateurish. I wanted a fan and when I called the desk to ask for one (there's no airconditioning in this hotel) the front desk person questioned me as if I wanted it for some nefarious purpose. Finally he found one in the basement and I had to go to the front desk and lug it back to my room myself!

The "included breakfast" is coffee, juice and a roll. Because I wanted something more substantial, they knocked $4 off the bill.

The pool --which is directly off the lobby and completely visible TO anyone in the lobby -- was closed. The one internet computer they had wasn't working. I had the feeling this place just isn't very well managed or maintained.

On the plus side, it's ideally situated if you're coming in on the Clipper or the Black Ball Ferry -- right across the street from the terminal. Checkout is mercifully noon, rather than the 11 am of many hotels.

However, with the plethora of charming and truly unique hotels in Victoria, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank VisitorTraveller
Reviewed 23 July 2006

We checked in to the Days Inn Victoria Harbour - and immediately checked out and found another place nearby with air conditioned rooms - The Admiral's Inn. Our very small assigned room at the Days Inn had no airconditioning ( there is none at this hotel ) and was unattractive and shabby and provides no complimentary breakfast in the summer. It was right on top of their outdoor restaurant . The cooking odors and noise from the crowds that gathered to hangout and drink beer spread for a distance along the street. Victoria is a small walking city and the harbour can be easily reached from most of the hotels - Avoid this hotel. The Admiral's Inn is a block from the Days Inn Victoria Habour - they have complimentary continental breakfast and free parking - but no swimming pool or health club on site. Our room there had 2 queen beds and also a full kitchen - some of their rooms have patios - and our negotiated rate was lower than at the Days Inn.

Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank fendifendi
Reviewed 4 June 2006

Overnight accommodation was included with our Victoria Clipper package from Seattle, Wa. Price included boat trip, hotel transfers and overnight stay - very reasonable. No need to use the hotel transfer vouchers! This hotel is very well located overlooking the harbour, nestled in amidst more expensive properties,just a short stroll from the ferry dock. Travelling with my daughter and her 16-month old baby, we were impressed - they allowed us to check in early - 10:30am - portable crib was already all set up in the room, with clean crib sheet and blanket for the baby. How convenient!

Our budget room faced away from the harbour and was a little cramped due to stroller and crib, but everything we needed was there - complimentary bottled water and morning newspaper, coffee maker, even a loaner umbrella, should we need it. They were ready and willing to move us to a larger room with harbour view (additional cost) but we decided to stay put. I think the slightly more expensive harbour view rooms have 2 beds (ours had one).

There was no door sill between bedroom and bathroom as described in other reviews. We didn't see any tripping hazard...bathroom had recently been retiled with new tub and shower curtain. There were ample towels and the bed sheets were crisp and white.

Yes, there's no balcony, but the windows open, and it was quiet at night with a pleasant fresh breeze.

It's true that the upholstery and carpeting are a little tired, but for the price, the location is unbeatable - walk to everything - and the staff were very kind, both in hotel and restaurant. (Restaurant and bar both have great harbour views, with indoor and outdoor seating.

We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2006