The hotel staff, lobby and bar are excellent, look great, staff attentive, etc.
The room is tiny and absolutely hot as hell with no air moving at all; we have the door to the hall open and window open hoping for some sort of cross draft but alas, at 10:15 PM we sit on the bed sweating. We can't wait for the people in the hall to review our "romantic encounter" we hope to have once we stop sweating; with the need to have the hall door open to have any air at all in this room we shall see.
We thought a trip to the hot tub would be nice but found it dangerously hot; seriously dangerous. We use hot tubs in each hotel we stay in, at the YMCA and our own back yard so we're familiar with what they feel like. My wife's feet are still red and she is complaining of the pain from just a momentary toe-touch dip into that cauldron of a hot-tub.
The television looks like a set of bent rabbit ears are being used and the higher the channel number the worse the reception appears. The staff responded to the room to check it for us and advised that this is just how it is. We've stayed in hotels all over Victoria and have never seen this before.
The only redeeming factors this room has are the clean appearance and a view of the harbor.
If only we could take the screen off the window and put the fan outside, maybe we could enjoy some of the 65* air being blown into our 84* room.
We will never, ever stay in this hotel again and will be checking into another room nearby for tomorrow night, even if I have to pay significantly more.
I do not recommend this hotel to anyone, for any reason.
Oh, and both the hall and our non-smoking room reek of cigarette smoke. This place is wonderful - said no one that stayed here, ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly located on Victoria’s downtown Inner Harbour, walking distance to Convention Centre, Parliament Buildings, Beacon Hill Park, restaurants, shopping, attractions and more. Clean, comfortable guest rooms and an onsite restaurant/lounge, seasonal outdoor heated pool, year-round whirlpool, parking, complimentary high-speed Internet access, local calls, coffee/tea/kettle. Harbourview, Pet-friendly, and Kitchenette rooms available. Come and visit our beautiful Garden City, and we’ll take care of the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn - Victoria on the Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Victoria Days Inn
- Days Inn - Victoria On The Harbour Vancouver Island