“A Rare Treasure”

Ranked #16 of 93 Victoria B&B and Inns
Spruce Grove, Canada
“A Rare Treasure”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Located a 5 minute walk from Ogden Point and the ocean, 20 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from Beacon Hill Park, this amazing gem has been my full-time winter home for 4 wonderful years. The day I met Ned and Ann, the superb hosts, I knew I had met 2 new friends. The suites are impeccably clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated, but most important to me is the feeling of family Ned and Ann embody. When I was sick and laid up for a few days a couple of years ago, Ned stopped by regularly to check up on me with offers to run any errands I might need, and when I arrive, Ann has already made sure to add personal little touches I appreciate so very much. Heathergate House is my safe and warm home away from home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dolores D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The rooms were lovely, comfortable, good size and most of all clean. Ann and Ned made us feel so welcome and the breakfasts were superb. Great location for walking to the downtown and the harbour. Ned, your honey is the best! We would love to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank heat53
Lees Summit
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We had the most delicious breakfast at the Heathergate House B&B in April 2013. Delicious granola - rhubarb sauce - lemon curd - eggs - bacon - loved the fresh from the garden outside chives! AND Ann & Ned are wonderful - you feel like you are at home! Thank you for the wonderful send-off back to Missouri. Would definitely go back to Heathergate House!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheQueenLeesSummit
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed there in September 2012. The 2 hosts (a wife and husband) were SO INCREDIBLY NICE. I stayed in the separated guesthouse (I think). The place was so clean.

I remember that I had some dirty clothes, and since we were leaving to visit the Buttchart Gardents, they washed and folded my clothes for me.

They also cooked this amazing breakfast, probably best breakfast I ever had. I HIGHLY recommend this place. And, as for location, it was a close walk to Downtown Victoria.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
globeseeker007
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,141 helpful votes
Reviewed 19 May 2013

What's there not to like about this place!! It's in a convenient location and within walking distance of the cruise pier. It's also within walking distance of the ferry landing and the downtown attractions. We walked from this bed and breakfast to the Maritime Museum, Royal BC Museum, and Craigdarroch Castle. We took the bus out to the Western Exchange and then walked to Fort Rodd Hill & Fisgard Lighthouse. The owners of this bed & breakfast are very outgoing and have a lot of information about the area and places of interest. Their place is stocked with brochures and timetables about bus and train service. We had a very comfortable room and could also use the living room area. Each guest has his choice of several breakfasts each morning and all of them are substantial and filling. You won't leave the breakfast table hungry. The grounds surrounding the place are filled with flowers, shrubs, and other vegetation and are quite beautiful. One can see all types of birds flying among the plants. We have stayed at many bed & breakfast inns in both Canada and the U.S. and this is among the better ones. My wife and I had an enjoyable four night stay at Heathergate House while in Victoria.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2012

The Heathergate House website does not give this B&B justice. We arrived tired from our cycle from Swartz Bay ferry. Ned greeted us, took my paniers to our room and showed us around the B&B ending in the kitchen where he made up some iced tea and offered us some cookies. Our bedroom is furnished with the best linens and fine antique furniture. The B&B has it's own private entrance with beautiful outdoor space in the garden and inside a shared living space with other guests including newspaper, computer and internet. Ned and Ann have run this B&B for 19 years, are still very passionate about their service, and know how to make their visitors comfortable. Before you go to bed, you fill in your choice of breakfast menu and when you want breakfast served in the morning. The breakfast is a buffet of juice, fresh fruit, yoghurt, granola and cereal followed by your choice of eggs, crepes or waffles, all served with bacon if you wish. And if you require any information regarding restaurants, directions or things to do, Ann and Ned will answer your questions and have a wall of brochures to browse through. A great B&B experience. Thanks Ned and Ann.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen466
Sauble Beach Ontario
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I am just returned home from a week of pampering by the most gracious hosts,Ned and Ann .
Four seniors,we were accomodated in the cozy cottage ,a completely equiped , private setting,with its own garden area,outdoor table and chairs,beautiful flower gardens,and all the comforts of home.Except that at home I do not have a beautifully prepared breakfast,served by an exceptionally warm and friendly couple.
The accomodations were very clean and comfortable,the food delicious and beautifully presented,but the best part was meeting such nice people.
I would recommend this B& B wholeheartedly ,and hope to return at spme [int to share it with more of my friends and family.!!!
Deb