Birds of a Feather Ocean Lagoon Bed & Breakfast & Vacation Rental
English Inn(Esquimalt)
Surf Motel(Victoria)
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewshoneymoon suitehatley castleb bhot tubroyal roadsother guestsprivate deckbald eaglesfriendly hostsbreakfast was amazingevery morningwarm hospitalitya wonderful stayhome away from homebed and breakfastresidential areavancouver island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We got to hotel to check in go into nice clean spacious room.

We had to spend a lot of time in room due to snow an not so nice weather.

However it was a nice room to stay in
we stayed in the family suite our kids loved the spiral staircase an the bed.

Its super close to grocery stores and many restaurants.

Loved the light house bakery in Langford oh my word best chocolate chip cookies an best cake an best cupcakes.

Also there's a movie rental store yes those still exists called
2 thumbs up to rent movies.

We also went to Langford movie theater.

The bed an breakfast is just beautiful nestled along the beach of the lagoon the dock is nice to sit on an relax grab a timmies coffee at the top of hill an just relax at the beach.

There's kayaks an canoes however we didn't get the luxury of using them due to bad weather sadly.

James was a great inn keeper lots of help well we we're there

We hope to be able to go back again soon

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying 3 times in this B&B and by sheer coincidence (availability) I have stayed in all 3 rooms.

The B&B owners really do leave you to yourself, unless you need them, in which case they are very approachable and friendly. I must say I enjoyed the privacy, but it is a bit different than many other B&Bs that have owners looking over every move you make.

I LOVE that all three rooms have kitchenettes including microwaves and mini fridges and even hot plates and cookware. Eating in the room is a big money saver and there is no shortage of nearby grocery stores ( driving distance approx. 5 mins)

The breakfast was deeeelish every day - my favorite being the stuffed French toast.
The owner is present and engaging during breakfast, full of suggestions and tips for enjoying the local area.

We like that the B&B is in a residential area, it's quiet, and feels very safe.

Now here is my honest breakdown of all 3 rooms

First off, all 3 bathrooms/bathtubs were divine, The Honeymoon suite's tub looks a little fancier but they are all HUGE tubs and soaking in them is a real treat.

Room 3 - The Family Suite
This is probably my favorite room. I love the added living room space, and the loft with the spiral staircase is very cute. I like that it is over the garage and has no shared walls with other suites for increased privacy and less concern over noise we may make. Loved eating dinner on the private deck
I give this room a 9/10 with the point being taken off for a queen bed instead of a king ;)

Room 1 - The Honeymoon Suite
This room is almost tied for first place, it's a great room too and as many people have said it's got an amazing view. It's smaller than the family suite of course, but it's perfect for a couples getaway. The private deck was a nice place to eat. The bed is a king!
We give this room an 8.99/10

note to owner - this room would benefit from a mirror outside the bathroom so someone can still brush their hair or check their make-up if the bathroom is occupied. We decided there was room directly across from the door as you walk in, sort of in the foyer. No charge for the re-design/upgrade plans to your room. ;)

Room 2
This room is the more standard of the three rooms. It has a nice view, and it does have a small loft with a single bed in it.
It does not have a private deck and the people in room 1 do walk past your windows to get to their room. I would happily have sacrificed a bit of space in there, if a king size bed replaced the current queen, but I am a bed-hog so I always want the biggest bed possible, seriously though I believe that would make this room almost as nice as the honeymoon suite. For being in the middle it still is very bright, open and airy

I give this room an 8.5/10

And on the plus side this room is the lowest price point.

Note to owners - I didn't know until after we left that the blinds can go down from the top - adding a screen and privacy to the lower half of the room and light in the top. If there had been a small blurb in my check-in info or even a tiny typed note by the window we would have been thrilled to use that feature.

All in all I would happily go back again and I would recommend it to friends

Trips were August 2011 (Family suite)
May 2013 (Honeymoon suite)
March 2014 (Luxury Suite)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cjvoz
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My fiancee and I stayed at the Honeymoon suite for 3 nights and we were completely enchanted by this place! Almost out of a modern fairy tale, it was perched right on the beautiful laguna and every morning the first thing we would see from the bed was the ocean - an astonishing view and an incredible way to start your day! There were complimentary kayaks, which we unfortunately couldn't use because of bad weather; instead, we had an absolutely relaxing and romantic time cuddled in front of the fireplace. The comfort level was unsurpassed - we loved the kingsize bed, the heated floors, and the claw-foot tub. The thing that probably stuck with me the most was the amazing service - we were treated like royalty by both Dieter and James and that coupled to the location and amenities made it very hard to leave the B&B. We are still reliving moments of that getaway and we will certainly like to come back. Thank you for making Valentine's weekend so special!

Room Tip: If you want complete privacy with state of the art amenities and an absolutely gorgeous view for a romantic getaway - I highly recommend the Honeymoon suite!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

What a great place! Accommodations and location were a perfect fit. Beautiful view of the bay and minutes to and from the city of Victoria. Best of both worlds after a day of working. Very romantic and relaxing with fire place and spacious outside balcony. My wife and I will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Birds of a Feather is an excellent home away from home. I had a great sleep every night on the extremely comfortable bed. I loved waking up each morning to the most amazing view and to the warmth of my own gas fireplace. The owner, Dieter, was very nice and was responsive to any questions.The room was very quiet and allowed me to thoroughly enjoy my stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo