If you are looking for cookie-cutter, Motel-8-style accommodation, look somewhere else. If you like good prices, excellent location and a pleasant, comfortable atmosphere, the James Bay Inn is a good choice for your stay.
James Bay itself is a delightful, historic and very well maintained residential neighbourhood. The hotel is situated in the middle of it, with only a five or ten minute walk to the harbour, the legislature and the museum/Imax theatre. The reviewer who called it "old, smelly and really awful" in my opinion was just plain unfair. Old it may be, but it is a clean and charming establishment with a pleasant pub, a very good restaurant, courteous staff and comfortable -- albeit rather old-fashioned -- rooms.
We've stayed there before. We will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Historic district facing lush Beacon Hill Park, a green walk to the ocean and steps to the picturesque Inner Harbour and downtown's shopping and entertainment. Cozy, simple and affordable accommodation is provided in this three story Edwardian architecture with Heritage House and Cottage. Some day-dreaming cases have been reported on sunny balconies with birds tweeting and frequent horse-drawn carriages trotting by. Art-deco Café-restaurant and friendly pub.Free parking. Free Wi-Fi. Free Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage Hotel Victoria
- James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites And Cottage
- The James Bay Hotel
- James Bay Hotel
- James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage Victoria, Vancouver Island