Some will find this 100-year-old hotel charming and quaint, while others will hate the lack of modern amenities such as air conditioning, a decent shower (teeny-tiny with blasts of cold water), pillow top mattress and thick towels. Hair dryer has to be checked out at front desk, as too many at once would blow electricity. Lots of steps (we were on 3rd floor and no lift) and floors slant crazily. BUT it's very clean with basic amenities, charming furnishings and that British quirkiness that one finds abroad. We ate breakfasts at the restaurant, which has an Art Deco design, and food and service were good.
While we were there temps were in high 80s F (unusual for Victoria) and our room faced west, so got very hot by evening. Room had a small fan.
Within walking distance of the inner harbor shops in a quiet residential neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Historic district facing lush Beacon Hill Park, a green walk to the ocean and steps to the picturesque Inner Harbour and downtown's shopping and entertainment. Cozy, simple and affordable accommodation is provided in this three story Edwardian architecture with Heritage House and Cottage. Some day-dreaming cases have been reported on sunny balconies with birds tweeting and frequent horse-drawn carriages trotting by. Art-deco Café-restaurant and friendly pub.Free parking. Free Wi-Fi. Free Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage Hotel Victoria
- James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites And Cottage
- The James Bay Hotel
- James Bay Hotel
- James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage Victoria, Vancouver Island