We stayed at the James Bay Inn in August.
At first it was great - the staff was a little confused. The room was clean, quite adequate, and very near everything.
The screwed up reservations letters I received before we came should have been a forewarning of how bad their reservations worked.
On the third night - it happened - We had been gone all day and when we came back, we found that we had been locked out of our room and that all of our things had been moved to another lower class room with a smaller bed.
We went to the management the day before and told them that we would be staying an extra day - They just plain forgot. They would not discount us. They told us were were WRONG. There was no apology.
Would I stay there again - NO - The price and hassle of a bad staff are just plain not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Historic district facing lush Beacon Hill Park, a green walk to the ocean and steps to the picturesque Inner Harbour and downtown's shopping and entertainment. Cozy, simple and affordable accommodation is provided in this three story Edwardian architecture with Heritage House and Cottage. Some day-dreaming cases have been reported on sunny balconies with birds tweeting and frequent horse-drawn carriages trotting by. Art-deco Café-restaurant and friendly pub.Free parking. Free Wi-Fi. Free Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage Hotel Victoria
- James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites And Cottage
- The James Bay Hotel
- James Bay Hotel
- James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage Victoria, Vancouver Island