Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Hotel Rialto(Victoria)
US$216
US$204
  • Restaurant
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
US$246
US$226
US$220
Travelocity
2,937 results
All reviewscorner roomturn down servicecontinental breakfastgreat boutiquevalet parkinggas fireplacedowntown victoriaperfect locationwithin walking distancelovely hotelsmall hotelvalet servicegovernment streetparliament buildingbeautiful roomwonderful staytop floor
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Absolutely a perfect, relaxing time. Every need meet. Thank you it was more than I expected. Great location, beautiful rooms and a wonderful staff. Upper corner rooms have view of the lighted capital at night-spectacular! Aveda bath products, turn down service with chocolates, valet parking.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2011

Thanks for the great review caldwellgirl!

I appreciate your taking the time to share such kind comments online, and glad you enjoyed all those extra little touches and details in your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 21 March 2011

The Magnolia deserves all the raving reviews it gets on Trip Advisor!!! Everything was absolutely perfect, and we will never stay anywhere else when we visit Victoria. The staff, the beautiful rooms, the delicious breakfast and the perfect location all make me wish that there was a Magnolia Hotel in every city!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Now, I have to preface this review with one statement: I have NEVER given any hotel I have reviewed on Tripadvisor as high of an overall rating I as have the Magnolia Hotel in Victoria, B.C., Canada. That said, I will have to back this statement up with a few thoughts so that you may understand how I came to this conclusion.

While I stay at hotels substantially more often than the casual consumer, one has to always translate the review relative to the market conditions and quality level of the hotel. You can`t compare some Cuban 4.5 star to a Victoria hotel, etc. With this hotel, I think they have magically executed a little piece of brilliant hotel management, because I don`t have to make any elaborate comparisons to other area hotels. They kill all the competition in the area due simply: location, value, and service! Can you spend more money staying next door at the Empress? Sure, but will you really get more? Doubt it!

Firstly, when I arrived, I told them I was looking to use their hotel to shoot HD footage of the BC Legislature, so I wanted a room as high up as I could. They offered me an upgrade to the BEST room in the hotel (room 706) for a mere $30. Done! It was worth it: it faces the inner harbour and the legislature. It even has Romeo & Juliet style balcony doors that open, so it didn`t have to windex the typical dirty hotel exterior to get my shots.

The room: gas fireplace, robes, safe, min bar, separate tub and shower, flat screen TV, cordless phone, internet (free-thank god!), coffee maker and tea and complimentary apples and chocolate waiting for me in the room. This is the suite that rock stars and celebrities get when they stay here. Management probably would not appreciate me saying who stays here of importance, so you`ll just have to ask like I did when you come. lol.

Staff: eager to please. Valet (all parking is valet, $20). Everyone from the manager (spoke to briefly) to the room attendants are friendly and make the effort. Made sure you tip these people, I did. You actually get the service, and in my mind, rewarding the best is what gratuities are all about.

Breakfast: it`s the typical do-it-yourself waffles and carbo-o-holic buffet, but I would rate it above the average for this genre of breakfast. It`s free and included, so that`s a huge bonus.

Local and National newspapers are available in the lobby, but you also get a daily newspaper the awaits you at your door, too. Coffee and a newspaper is always nice in your room to start your day.

My only criticism would be their taste in furniture, but that is subjective and I can`t really beat them up on it. The bed was very comfortable, so no issues there.

Had a great time just relaxing, doing a bit of work and seeing old friends while in town.
P.S. I used to live here, and have stayed at many competitors hotels over the years, including the "President`s Suite" at the Executive House Hotel, a block away. Lots of good hotels in town, but dollar for dollar, factoring in the location and service, you can`t beat this place.

Oh yeah, a tip: Use Priceline, as they often put some of their inventory online. While you can`t be sure to always get this hotel, they`re worth the chance if you do your research on Betterbidding.com I got the room for $89 U.S. Dollars plus taxes, the $30 upgrade, and the $20 parking. Expect to pay upwards of $300 plus taxes for a premium room during peak time at this hotel (I asked lol).

Great work guys! Please don`t lose your employee engagement, because this is your best asset! See my video I did for more insight into this property.

Cheers until next time.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Linescrew
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We wanted somewhere central to stay while spending some time exploring Victoria - the Magnolia is very conveniently located about a block from the Legislative Buildings, Inner Harbour - in fact close to most of the sites you would want to visit. The hotel entrance is low key, but once into the foyer you are surrounded by understated luxury, friendly, attentive staff and everything you need for a comfortable stay. Our corner room was huge, a comfortable king-sized bed with a selection of pillows, nice toiletries in the bathroom and fresh fruit, water and chocolates waiting for us when we wanted to recover from our wander around Victoria. There is a spa on site (which we didn't use) and a restaurant with a varied menu. The restaurant decor was much more informal, looked more like a bar. The buffet breakfast was served here - nice pastries, fruit, muffins etc. A very relaxing stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lazyjanie
Reviewed 15 March 2011

My best friend and I stayed here on our trip to Victoria BC and it was so great! What a gem! Our room was large, clean, big bathroom, everything you could ask for! They served a continental breakfast downstairs in like a little restaurant area, we didn't want to miss a minute of the day by sitting down for breakfast, so we would hit the layout of it and grab some fruit, cheese, muffin, coffee....so convenient!

The staff is super nice....you do have to pay per day for parking....I believe when we went it was $15 CAD a day, you don't need a car in Victoria though. We had one, and used it one day when we drove the Scenic Marine drive to the Butterfly Gardens and the Butchart Gardens. Otherwise we walked everywhere! What a wonderful place to visit.....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends