My husband and I used to live in Victoria so we were familiar with The Magnolia, and decided to try it out. The location is excellent, perfect for exploring downtown.
The service is great, everyone was very friendly. The lobby seemed a bit tired, but decent. There was complimentary coffee and tea which was a nice touch.
Our room was nice, lovely furniture and a fireplace. The bathtub was tiny and the bathroom felt dingy, but they did provide razors which was great since I'd forgotten mine!
The view was....disappointing. Yes, we could see a bit of the harbor, but it was overshadowed by the rooftops covered in seagull droppings. It was disgusting! I realize there's nothing the hotel can do about it, but it certainly detracts from what could be a lovely view.
I had a pedicure at the spa and it was wonderful! The spa is beautiful, and everyone was super friendly. The Aveda products are excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown Victoria’s Favourite Boutique Hotel. Elegant rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, two poster beds and deep soaker tubs. Outstanding location, just 2 blocks from Victoria’s picturesque Inner Harbour and in the heart of the city’s best shopping, dining and entertainment. Restaurant closed for renovation, exciting new dining experience to be unveiled in Spring of 2018. Tranquil Spa Magnolia with 7 treatment rooms and organic products. Boutique luxury. Personalized service. Authentic experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Magnolia Hotel And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magnolia Hotel And Victoria
- Magnolia Hotel Victoria
- Magnolia Hotel And Spa Victoria, Vancouver Island