“excellent customer service”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I had a great 2-day stay here last week. I'm sure the photos of this hotel speak for themselves - the rooms and decor are very tasteful and elegant, and it's in a great location. What was exceptional about this stay was the helpfulness of one particular staff member, who went above and beyond to accommodate my dietary restrictions at the continental breakfast for both of the days that I stayed here. I approached him to ask about the dairy free/meat free options at the continental breakfast, of which were very limited. I hadn't anticipated being able to eat there to begin with, and thanked him and said I would go elsewhere, but he further inquired what it was that I was looking for, and what ingredients it would take to make it. He made me a fantastic dairy-free smoothie and was there again the next day to make my special breakfast again. His level of service further stands out because the second day before I saw him, I asked a different staff member who was in the breakfast room for a dairy free smoothie, and she replied that they didn't do smoothies/it wasn't possible. I've worked in the service industry myself, and I really appreciated the extra effort and willingness he made to ensure I started my day off right.

Room Tip: ask for one with a view of the harbour!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel And Spa

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We decided on the Magnolia Hotel for a weekend in Victoria after reading the TripAdvisor reviews.

The key thing that stood out during our stay was the service ethos. Every interaction with hotel staff was positive, including front desk staff, continental breakfast service, cleaning personnel, and the valet.

We stayed in a corner signature room which was plenty roomy, despite the rollaway bed for our daughter, with views of the Empress and BC Legislature building. The room was very clean and included both a shower and bathtub. The continental breakfast was excellent.

The hotel's in a great location, within walking distance to all the Inner Harbour attractions.

My only issue with the hotel was its spotty/slow WiFi. There was an Ethernet connection in the room, but that didn't help with non-Ethernet devices (e.g., iPhone and iPad). It was nice that they had computers with free printing in the business center.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NewBhamster
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Had a great stay in January 2012! The location is great...convenient walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops. Also an easy walk to the waterfront and parliament buildings. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We were in Victoria last week for the film festival and stayed at the Magnolia. We couldn't have been happier. The location was perfect, just behind the Empress, but closer to shopping and theatres. We were able to walk everywhere. The view from our room was of the harbour and the parliament buildings. More like a junior suite - included loveseat and comfy chairs. Lots of windows. Super deluxe bathroom with separate shower stall - lots of water pressure. The service was attentive and friendly. The complimentary hot spiced juice in the lobby was a treat, as was the free continental breakfast (the oatmeal and waffles were delicious). We didn't have a chance to try the spa or restaurant (too busy going to films), but will try them next time. Certainly would go back.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are the best and even though we booked on PriceLine at a discount, we got one of th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DianaHaynes
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Ms. Haynes,

Thank you ever so much for the kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of our entire team we are thrilled you enjoyed the corner room, the view and our service.

If I can be of personal assistance at any time, please contact me at gm@magnoliahotel.com

We hope to see you back soon!

Yours Truly,

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa,
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We were planning a short get away to Victoria and read excellent reviews about Magnolia Hotel and decided to stay there. VERY GLAD we did. The staff went our of their way to provide excellent services from the front desk, valet service, maid service, breakfast and dinner servers. If you had any questions on where to go, places to eat they had the answers. We are involved in tourism ourselves and found the service excellent. In addition this was our first trip to Victoria and would highly recommend it to anyone. Great city with great people. Can not wait to return with our family. The restaurant "The Prime" at the hotel was way above average. We ate there 3 times and it was very excellent.

Room Tip: We did have a little noise in room 704 from the roof but it was not over powering. Could not commen...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank david w
Reviewed 10 February 2012

It's amazing the customer service we have received from this hotel even though our stay isn't till April. The quick responses and peronal guestfolio offered say a lot about their values. We look forward to enjoying our anniversary in April 2012 and meeting the wonderful staff.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip W
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My wife and I are from So Cal, and absolutely love Victoria, BC. We have stayed at several different hotels in the city, and our favorite bar none is the Magnolia hotel, downtown.
It is in a perfect location for sightseeing, shopping and dining. Get a corner room if possible to enjoy magnificient views of the parliament building, particularly at night. A first class hotel with great service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple