We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights (family of five) at the Magnolia Hotel and Spa in July and were very happy with both the hotel and the location, which is very convenient to the harbor, restaurants and shopping. We found the "standard" rooms we had to be beautiful, with a partial view of the harbor. There were complimentary waters, apples and chocolates left in the room and lemonade was provided in the lobby. The rooms were very well-appointed, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included and there were plenty of options in the lobby restaurant, whose decor was very nice. (Minor note on the to-go cups for the coffee/tea...the cups were small and the lids provided were too large. I pointed this out and was told that was all they had, which made me think "then why even put lids out", but no big deal.)
The bathroom was nice. However, the shower was very small (which made shaving one's legs a bit of a challenge). Also, though it wasn't a big deal, there was no small recognition or reference to a special occasion we were celebrating, though it would have been nice. (I told each of the 3 hotels we stayed at on this trip about the occasion, and 2 of the 3 recognized it.) The front desk was helpful but I was looking for some stronger opinions about what we should do with our limited time in Victoria.
A few quick notes about the rest of our trip...Victoria is a beautiful city with hanging baskets of flowers lining the streets and we loved walking around it. The Canadian people are very friendly. The harbor area is beautiful. Definitely take a Harbor Cruise on the small, colorful harbor taxis. We had a great tour guide. We had dinner one night at an Italian restaurant called Zambri's (which some locals told us about when we went ziplining at Adrena) and it was fantastic. I would highly recommend it. It's a healthy walk from the hotel, but doable. We attempted to go the Irish Times one day for lunch, but was told it was Adult only (and we had 2 children), even though they have a restaurant that is separate from the bar area. Since we are from the states, this was a new one on us, but we moved on to The Local Kitchen. The food was good but a little pricey for lunch. Dinner last night at the Sticky Wicket up the street was fine, but nothing of note. Do not miss Butchart Gardens. It is spectacular (and I am not even a garden person).
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Magnolia and would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown Victoria’s Favourite Boutique Hotel.Beautifully refreshed new guest rooms with plush textures, elegant patterns and raw-silk inspired walls. Outstanding location, just 2 blocks from Victoria’s picturesque Inner Harbour and in the heart of the city’s best shopping, dining and entertainment. Tranquil Spa Magnolia and the exciting new Catalano Restaurant & Cicchetti Bar. The kind of undistracted attention you can only receive in a boutique hotel with just 64 rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Magnolia Hotel And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magnolia Hotel And Victoria
- Magnolia Hotel Victoria
- Magnolia Hotel And Spa Victoria, Vancouver Island