“Highly Recommended”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I've now stayed at this hotel on two separate trips. Its location is very central and allows you to walk to all of the downtown attractions. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the front staff is extremely helpful. The only downside to this hotel is parking is not free which can be found at nearby accommodations. Regardless, it is great value for the money. I will return again on my next trip to Victoria.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,877)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to business travellers. I just spent a week there quite literally working in my room for 6-8 hours a day. I had one of the corner suites and it was a great work space. The hotel staff were really very good. The housecleaning staff were very attentive, too. I had a great view of the Parliament buildings and the noise level was pretty minimal. There were a number of exceptional restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great Hotel FANTASTIC AMENITIES AWESOME Boutique Hotel
Yeah Victoria!!!The Capital City of BC.

EXCELLENT SERVICE WITH BELLMAN, BARMAN AND WAIT STAFF and all of the front desk staff except 1 !!!

Superb location in downtown Victoria, coupled with great bedding package, new carpet and curtains. with a turn-down service and chocolates each night. Breakfast was included and although a continental, it included hot items.

Coffee and apple cider available in the lobby, fresh cut flowers in the lobby, newspaper in the morning, valet parking, and Aveda toiletries.

I'll definitely stay at The Magnolia Hotel again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to family and friends.

However, with one Customer Service Representative at the Front Desk was awful and atrocious; and frankly I cannot understand why some people get into customer service!!! arrgh!!!!

Room Tip: Get a Corner Suite on the a high floor facing the Legislative Grounds!!! Awesome Hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Michael B,

Thank you for your recent visit with us at The Magnolia.

I truly appreciate the kind feedback about your stay and the service you experienced.
Your mentions of the little details like the fresh floral displays & lobby cider is truly rewarding.
The Magnolia strives to deliver those extra little touches that make a visit with us truly memorable.

I am very sorry that your experience with one of our staff members was unpleasant and I sincerely appreciate your time in speaking with me about this directly prior to your departure.

I look forward to seeing you back with us at The Magnolia,

Best Wishes,

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Direct Tel: 250 412 8480

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Staff are excellent. Attentive, helpful and professional. Tea and hot apple cider are available in the comfortable lobby along with a piano. The breakfast has a fantastic selection of hot and cold foods. Full valet parking service - no wandering in a underground parking lot with your luggage.
Rooms are elegant with comfy beds and stocked with quality toiletries as well as turn down service with quality chocolates! Located right downtown Victoria in walking distance to all sites and amenities.

Room Tip: I always select a room with a balcony so I can enjoy the fresh air.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We took advantage of a shoulder season special offered by the hotel and extremely pleased with our choice. The hotel recently upgraded and re-decorated all their rooms and it shows with a great bedding package, new carpet and curtains. We had a 7th floor very large room with king bed and a combined harbour and city view. Staff were great from the front desk to housekeeping, with everyone trying to make our stay complete, even with a turn-down service and chocolates each night. Breakfast was included and although a continental, it included hot items. We cant comment on the spa, but due to the central location of the hotel, we spent all our time exploring the city with walking tours, many restaurants and a fine museum. We will certainly be back to the Magnolia.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The Magnolia Hotel is one of the best hotels I've stayed at for many reasons: the customer service, decor and comfort, size and price of the rooms, and most of all, the superb location in downtown Victoria.

I stayed at the Magnolia for three night in a superior room with two queen beds. The room and the bathroom were huge, so lots of space for my two travel companions and I. The hotel and rooms are elegantly decorated and include nice touches such as apples and chocolate upon arrival, more chocolate with the turn down service, coffee and apple cider available in the lobby, fresh cut flowers in the lobby, newspaper in the morning, valet parking, and Aveda toiletries.

Before arriving, I used their online guestfolio to arrange taxis, dinner reservations, and a treatment at the Spa Magnolia. This made my stay worry free because they took care of the details ahead of time. Every staff member I encountered throughout the hotel, restaurant, and spa was very friendly and helpful.

A continental breakfast with hot items is available at the Catalano Restaurant within the hotel. Its nice to have breakfast included and to have it within an actual restaurant as so many hotels just set something up in their lobby or a crowded side room. We also ate dinner at the Catalano Restaurant on our first night - food and service was always outstanding!

The location of the hotel can't be beat. You're a few steps to the inner harbour, Royal Theatre, Bay Centre mall and plenty of other downtown shopping and restaurants. Walking distance to everywhere I wanted and needed to go was a huge selling feature for me. The only downside - it's about $60 taxi fare from the airport, but so is anywhere else downtown.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We looked at this hotel solely based on reviews from TripAdvisor which prompted reading the Magnolia's website and a call to the hotel. Having done this, we decided to get out of our other hotel reservation to change to this hotel last minute - and we were very happy as everything was written.

We found the hotel was very updated, clean, fresh and had a good vibe in the lobby. The location was great for a first time visitor to Victoria. The front desk personnel were very helpful in providing a good overview of the area, identified key things to see & do as well as helped with the selection of memorable places to eat. My wife and I stayed here at the end of September for only one night but would have been very comfortable to have stayed longer if our schedules had permitted. Everyone that worked at the hotel seemed very friendly and committed to providing good service. We did not eat the breakfast here so can't comment.

We will be sure to stay here if we return and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple