“A wonderful weekend getaway.”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Burnaby
“A wonderful weekend getaway.”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I booked a one night stay as a birthday present for my husband. I chose this location based on Trip Advisor reviews...and the Magnolia didn't disappoint. The location, the building and guest services were really terrific.
Our room was clean and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable and we had great sleeps.
In some of the reviews I read on here, there were some semi-complaints about the breakfast, but we thought it was great. There was more than enough selection and the food was just fine. More than anyone would ever need for breakfast.
And what I'd mostly like to mention on here is the continued message that the staff are amazing. They were friendly and helpful. I sent in a special request and they went above and beyond to follow through. I was really impressed. Smiles when we arrived, smiles when we left. It was great.
I would recommend this place to anyone for a perfect little getaway.
Between the hotel and the walks around downtown, we both had to admit it was one of the best weekends we'd had in a long time. Winter in Victoria is amazing!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Meghan L,

Thank you so much for your kind review and for taking the time to share your feedback online.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for the truly kind words about our service team and the experience you had with us.

I am so pleased that this was one of the best weekends you've had in a long time, and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon,

Best Wishes,

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Email: gm@magnoliahotel.com
Direct Tel: 250 412 8480

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Comox
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel has a great location, lovely decor and very friendly staff - like stepping back in time to a more gentle time. The breakfast was included and substantial. Views are good and even though the location is very central it was very quiet.

Vancouver
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Lovely hotel - great staff, lovely rooms, convenient location. Often a good value, especially if you can book the fireplace rooms or the fantastic water view rooms. Restaurant not much, but very nice continental breakfast included in room is a bonus.

Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at 'The Mag' a short while ago-and have to share that is likely the ONLY hotel I will ever stay at in Victoria, from now on! The Service is bar-none-from the Valet, to Check In, to the turn down service in the evening! The rooms are very inviting, and the beds are so very comfy, the décor is charming! We had breakfast the next morning at Catalano's, and everything was always kept up(no empty bins), and the choices fit everyone in our party!
We had a wee bit of a harbour view, but the hotel IS tucked away behind some other buildings. Did I miss having front row seating to the harbour?-Not at all...I did not come for the scenery from my hotel window, and the service and charm of this place more than made up for any lack of vista-like views!

Room Tip: If you are here for the view, just ask the front desk ppl which rooms offer that-they know EXACTLY w...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Service was excellent - everyone very friendly and efficient (despite a citywide power failure the night I arrived). Location is great for business, right in the centre of the city, and close to the convention centre. I would recommend this hotel strongly!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We were so fortunate to stay at the Magnolia. The location is extremely central and convenient for walking to the parliaments buildings or wharf street or downtown locations. The service and rooms were excellent. Very helpful and friendly at the front desk as well as a wonderful spacious room.
The breakfast was continental however it provided everything we needed to start the day off right.
We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior room. It was lovely
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was staying in Victoria on business and booked the Magnolia based on a colleague's recommendation. The room was quite comfortable, the bed was wonderful and the products in the bathroom were terrific. I had a very comfortable sleep both nights I was there. I was in kind of an odd room over the front street and the sitting area was crammed into a funny little corner so I really didn't spend any time sitting there - also with just a view of the parking garage it wasn't much to look at. The continental breakfast was quite average but I did appreciate that it was available.

This is in a wonderful location for exploring downtown Victoria.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business