“Beautiful Hotel, Great Service”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Magnolia fits the feel of Victoria City perfectly. The hotel feel is very clean and classic. The service was prompt and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and close to everything in Victoria. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Erica,

Classic & Fits the city feel perfectly!

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

We pride ourselves in bringing some old-fashioned luxury in the heart of Old-Towne Victoria.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Email: GM@Magnoliahotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,844)

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I just returned from our 3rd visit to the Magnolia and were sure not disappointed. We have stayed in a few hotels in Victoria and by far the Magnolia is the best. The hotel seems to think of everything. From the hot coffee and tea in the lobby (this past weekend we sure appreicated this!) to the lovely turndown service at night. When I made our reservation I told the hotel that our stay was for Valentine's Day and when we checked in we were told that we were upgraded to one of the nicer rooms in the hotel and given a lovely box of chocolates from the hotel. My husband and I were really impressed at how they did whatever they could to make our stay at the Magnolia special. I can't wait for our next visit, which I hope is sooner than later!

Dear Carrie,

Thank you for the lovely feedback following your visit with us.

It is always a pleasure to welcome back our return guests, and build on the memories of past visits!

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the upgrade and chocolates,

We hope to welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the Magnolia while on a business trip to Victoria in January 2014.
On arrival, the front desk staff were friendly, courteous and despite my early arrival, were quickly able to confirm my room was ready and allowed me to check in.
My room was large, comfortable and had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. Although I did not have an opportunity to use many of the hotel's amenities, those I did use (such as the business centre) were well equipped.
The location is very convenient and iin short walking distance to downtown restaurants and attractions.
Next time I'm back in Victoria, the Magnolia will be my first choice for somewhere to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here mid January for a get away during the island rainy season blahs. We were pleased to arrive and be allowed to check in early as the weather wasn't cooperating. The room was clean and comfortable with a big washroom. The room had water, apples and chocolates waiting for us, robes, a voucher for an appy in the lounge and for morning breakfast and a big umbrella which was very useful!
After a chilly, wet walk we arrived to the lobby to help ourselves to hot apple cider.... Thank-you! And after our dinner we arrived to our room where they did turn down service and left 2 more chocolates!
Breakfast had a good selection for a complimentary meal and the piano player in the lobby was a nice touch.
Front desk, doorman and restaurant staff were very friendly and competent.
Hotel is in a great location for walking to everything the Victoria harbour has to offer.
I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for the lovely feedback of your January getaway.

I was so pleased to hear that you had a great visit, starting with an early check in, and enjoyed so many elements about your stay.

We strive for delivering those extra little details that truly create memories for our guests.

I hope we see you back on the South Island again soon,

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed are stay in August 2013. I have no real complaint (except breakfast was pretty average and small billing error that was easily resolved). It's clean, friendly and in a good location. I would stay there again. I'm just not sure I'd specifically seek it out.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank GitOutaHere
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We always stay at the Magnolia and would not stay anywhere else. We are locals who choose the Magnolia as our monthly get away from home. I love everything about the hotel. Can't wait to open the door and jump into that big,, beautiful bed.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I visited Victoria for an overnight stay on business, and chose the Magnolia because of the excellent government rate they offered. I am so pleased with this hotel that I will now stay nowhere else when I travel to Victoria (I have tried many others and this is the best by far).

The staff are friendly, very attentive and caring. I experience similar service only at five star hotels. Check in and check out were simple and quick.

I was invited for a free appie and warm drink in the lobby, and although I didn't choose to take them up on this, it was one of many touches that makes you feel warmly welcomed like an invited guest.

The room was fantastic. Spacious, and they should give their designer a promotion; the decor is superb with tasteful grays and sumptuous linens. The bed was pillowy soft and I appreciated the extra pillows. The lighting is soft but adequate, and the bathroom was absolutely spotless, clean grout, with no signs of mildew anywhere.

So many little touches; bed turned down, bathrobe laid out, chocolates and fruit, and.....oh.....coffee maker in the room with fresh milk and cream in the fridge ready to go. Fabulous.

Restaurant is great too, and there are many less expensive options within walking distance.

Highly recommended. Let me know if you find anything better for this price in Victoria; I would be surprised if you do!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharimck

Dear Shari,

Thank you for your lovely and detailed review.
I truly appreciate your taking the time to share your review and the lovely photos.
I was so pleased to see you took a photo of our newly launched welcome plates,
featuring a large filtered water along with fruit and chocolates.
We are always looking to find ways to perfect our boutique luxury hotel experience,
and I am so pleased that these touches had a nice impact on your visit.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again,