“Great location, great value”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Excellent location, very friendly staff, lovely hot breakfast vouchers for each morning of our stay (because we booked directly with the hotel). Our 7th floor corner room was wonderful, with tall ceilings leaving you with a spacious, airy feeling. Definite value for the money. We enjoyed feeling luxurious on our anniversary while not spending an arm and a leg to do so! Did I mention the location is AMAZING?

Reviewed 7 July 2014

As a Fairmont client, I had considered staying at the Empress hotel (which just happened to sold to a local private businessman, during my stay at the Magnolia).

However, I decided instead to stay at the Magnolia, after reading ta reviews,and what a great decision that turned out to be.

Great location, and a delightful room, with all the amenities, and a comfortable bed.

Staff were service oriented, and that was much appreciated.

May I add, that the attached restauarant dining room also serves during dinner, the best Carpiccio I've had anywhere.

Also, try the restaurant across the street, "10". Great for lunch, or a beverage.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Ray from Toronto,

We're so pleased to hear you tried the Magnolia for your most recent trip to Victoria.

I am so pleased that we met your expectations, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us. Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and the restaurant. They are truly appreciated.

As you'd mentioned ownership, you'll be pleased to know that The Magnolia is also locally owned having been built by two locals in 1998.

Please feel free to reach out directly at gm@magnoliahotel.com on your next visit and it would be my pleasure to make your reservations personally.

Best Wishes,

The Magnolia Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location and the room was gorgeous. Everyone was very friendly and helpful especially Lukas and Blaine. A must do is whale watching with Eagle Wing tours. So fun! Gorgeous stay. Miss it already.

Dear Nicolette,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely feedback on your recent visit.
We will be sure to pass along your feedback to Blair & Lukas.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in Victoria at our boutique hotel.

Please let me know at gm@magnoliahotel.com if I can be of personal assistance at any time.

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

well recommended for its position in Victoria ,clean and with all the amenities modern hotel needs.nice touch is free fruit in room and reception.
the reception sorted our problem with transport to back to Vancouver efficiently

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

On my first trip to Victoria many years ago, I really wanted to stay at The Empress--until I found out there was no air-conditioning (and I was visiting in July). The A/C issue, led to my discovery of the Magnolia Hotel. A wonderful little boutique hotel tucked one block from the Empress Hotel, the Inner Harbor and one block off Government Street. Well after my first visit, I realized the lack of A/C is really not an issue (and since then The Empress has added air conditioning to floors 6 & 7), but I still chose to stay at The Magnolia on most visits. Restaurants and pubs abound in the area and Murchie's is only 3 blocks away for a wonderful cup of cocoa or hot tea.

Large rooms are equipped with Kuerig, small bar refrigerator, desk and sofa. Guests may also enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast, soaker tub and Aveda toiletries. A spa is available onsite, as is a business center and fitness center. Complimentary newspapers are delivered to rooms daily and nightly turn-down service is provided.

Now for some tips on rooms; fireplace rooms will have a view of the car park across the street; corner rooms have an absolutely beautiful view of the Parliament Building, but also come with a ton of street noise; rooms on the harbor side of the building just "behind" the corner rooms are my personal favorites. The corner rooms with the harbor view are also very nice and I don't mind them--however I sleep with earplugs most of the time. If you are a light sleeper or travel with children who retire before 11:00pm, the corner rooms are not for you. The rooms just behind the corner rooms have the beautiful view and less street noise, because there are not as many windows.

Hotel staff are courteous and efficient, which when combined with location, make this one of the best places to stay in Victoria.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HaveSuitcaseWillTrvl

Dear Guest from Illinois,

Thank you for the lovely and detailed review following your visits with us.
We appreciate your business and I thank you for taking the time to share your review.
It was a pleasure to read.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon to our boutique hotel.
If I can be of assistance at any time, please let me know at gm@Magnoliahotel.com or my direct phone line of 250 412 8480

Your room tips are very useful for travelers, and I would agree that the "07" numbered rooms on a higher floor, or "08", "09" & "10" rooms on the city side are typically the quietest room locations. The "07" view from the 6th or 7th floor is one of the best in the hotel.

I did want to point out that fireplaces are available in all Diamond Level rooms : City View, Water View, and Signature Diamond, thus there are several different views available with fireplaces. If I can arrange on of these personally on a future visit, please let me know.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Magnolia Hotel and Spa during our stay in Victoria, BC. We were extremely happy with the accommodations - it's quaint, classy and comfortable! Great location, very clean and the service was amazing!

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this based on ta reviews whilst on a trip of a lifetime
The staff were all fantastic really helpful and friendly
Location is fantastic a short walk to the harbour but quiet
Our room was spotless with everything you would want
We had continental breakfast included which was sufficient
No hesitations in recommending or returning

• Stayed: July 2014