“Fabulous hotel and location”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Magnolia is one of the most pleasant hotels I've ever stayed in. The staff were exceptionally helpful and thoughtful, the rooms are beautifully decorated and very, very clean. I had a view of the harbor and a fireplace in my room. A full breakfast was included in our reservation and it was very nice. I highly recommend this hotel as a lovely, quiet place to stay. It's just a block from the harbor and easy walk to explore the museums, historic downtown and shops.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the top two floors (6th and 7th) with harbor views are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2014

A 'find' in the heart of Victoria. For those who like boutique hotels with all the amenities. Can walk to everything (museums, restaurants, shopping) but on a quiet street away from the tourist & traffic noise. We were upgraded to a corner room on the top floor with a view of the Empress and Legislative buidlings on one side and the sunset over the water from the adjacent window.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We spent a wonderful evening at the Magnolia. The rooms were impeccably appointed and the location is wonderful. The staff was amazing we could hardly walk two feet without being asked if we needed assistance with something, or directions/recommendations.
So do yourself a favor, walk the extra block past the crowded Fairmont Empress and enjoy a great stay at the Magnolia. If you are coming off the Clipper from Seattle the Magnolia is a very easy 15 minute walk with luggage.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MagnoliaHtl, Director of Sales at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Ifly737,

Thank you for choosing the Magnolia Hotel & Spa for your Victoria holiday and for sharing this wonderful review! I am delighted that you found the hotel to be an “Outstanding Boutique Hotel” in a wonderful location and that our recently refreshed rooms are well appointed. Thank you for your kind words regarding our attentive staff, they love to know their efforts are appreciated!

If you are returning and would like personalized service, feel free to contact me at sales@magnoliahotel.com or Bill Lewis our General Manager at gm@magnoliahotel.com.

Ronette Nyhan
Director of Sales

Reviewed 15 July 2014

What a great Hotel in Victoria the Magnolia is. I booked the Fairmont Empress for my weekend stay but canceled at the last minute as I was uncomfortable paying so much for such a poorly rated hotel - 17 out of 57. While the Empress is no doubt a grand hotel and has a great location, the Magnolia is right next store and has better, nicer, more up to date rooms with superior service. Better hotel in the right location and saved about $80 a night from the Fairmont sounds like a win to me. The location is great walking distance to many top rated restaurants and attractions. If I go back to Victoria, which I plan to do I will most certainly stay again at the Magnolia. My advice would be to know that there may be some noise at night until the bars close. This is the price you pay when you are right in town where all the action is. It is just a short stroll to the water. The rooms seem to be newly remodeled, Nice!

Room Tip: Maybe on the 7th floor the street noise might be less, No real noise from traffic just some late nig...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave W
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Elegant hotel, convenient location, with a friendly and very helpful staff...will stay there again. Also be sure to try the restaurant and bar. Great good and cocktails and a good to both start and end your evening.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our first visit to Victoria, BC...Magnolia did not dissappoint on all evaluations. Come to Victoria to relax as the "pace of life" is slow...Please be mindfull that the very early morning noise from the trucks picking up garbage will wake you up...we stayed on a front corner room on the upper floor...other than that morning noise, a perfect stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you Gary for choosing The Magnolia, and for your kind review feedback following your visit.

We appreciate your business and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received some lovely "R&R" at our Luxury Boutique Hotel.

I am very sorry that the garbage or delivery trucks in the neighbourhood were an inconvenience to your rest during this past visit. The hotel does not schedule any deliveries or garbage pick ups outside of business hours. Being centrally located in the downtown core however there are a number of nearby businesses that do not share the same consideration. I am very sorry to hear of this during your visit, and if you are returning please let me know and I will personally assign a room on a higher floor on this next stay.

Thank you again for your business with our hotel,

Best Wishes,

Bill Lewis
Email: GM@Magnoliahotel.com

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here in 2012, and decided to stay here again because it was a wonderful experience. The second time was better, the hotel has been completely redecorated in beautiful soft grays, beige, and a touch of silvery blues. Location is perfect, downtown. You can walk everywhere and there is a shuttle to Bouchart Gardens. The staff is attentive and efficient and very polite. When making a reservation, as for a room on the harbor side so you can have a view of the harbor. This hotel does have air conditioning. Windows open so you can get the fresh harbor breeze. We were on the top floor, which does cost a slight amount more, but it includes the full delicious breakfast, which you order off the menu. In the small lobby there is always hot water and tea bags, and coffee available, which is a great thing to have. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was spotless. I would stay here again when I return to Victoria. It is a wonderful location, clean, and great service. There is a restaurant and bar connected to the lobby of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the side of the building that faces the harbor for a view of the water. If you want to spen...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bahlrichs

bahlrichs, Thank you so kindly for returning for another visit with us and sharing this lovely review of your stay! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed so many elements of your stay.

I am so pleased to hear your like the new renovations which we completed just over one year ago.
The feedback of our newly refreshed elegance has been wonderful, and I hope we will see you back for a third and more visits.

If I can be of personal assistance in booking your next stay with us, please let me know. It would be my pleasure. My email is gm@magnoliahotel.com

Bill Lewis