We spend a lot of time in hotels across North America and wanted something nice for a special occasion. The Magnolia was a sight unseen choice, but we went with it - and am I ever glad we did. Located in the heart of downtown Victoria and walking distance to everything, the hotel offers great amenities and gracious hosting from all staff.
The top floor room had views of both the harbour and parliament and was wonderfully appointed with fireplace, big windows that opened onto the view, large comfortable bed, simple but beautiful decorations and a large and modern bathroom.
The manager made sure everything was perfect for our evening and called me to personally ensure that all was in order prior to our arrival.
Staff were pleasant and friendly, from our early check-in and great valet service to the advice and suggestions for eating out in the town.
We had a drink in the attached restaurant and loved the cheese-board appetizer. Then off for a adventure.
We arranged for a horse and carriage to pick us up in the early evening and it arrived outside the hotel exactly on time and as promised. We felt like royalty.
Great night out on the town and with the hotel so close to everything, no worries.
Slept beautifully on the comfy bed and crisp linens and late check out helped with our slow start to the next day. All was perfect as we checked out to find our car packed and ready to go with our baggage.
It was a little on the pricy side, but if you we looking for a great night out for something special, you can't go wrong. We would certainly go back for something special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown Victoria’s Favourite Boutique Hotel.Beautifully refreshed new guest rooms with plush textures, elegant patterns and raw-silk inspired walls. Outstanding location, just 2 blocks from Victoria’s picturesque Inner Harbour and in the heart of the city’s best shopping, dining and entertainment. Tranquil Spa Magnolia and the exciting new Catalano Restaurant & Cicchetti Bar. The kind of undistracted attention you can only receive in a boutique hotel with just 64 rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Magnolia Hotel And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magnolia Hotel And Victoria
- Magnolia Hotel Victoria
- Magnolia Hotel And Spa Victoria, Vancouver Island