“5 stars all around”

Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Toronto, Canada
“5 stars all around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was outstanding! The room was beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful in securing my return shuttle. The continental breakfast was just okay at the attached restaurant, while the dinner there where I ordered gnocchi was authentic and delicious. I have since moved on to other nice hotels on my tour of BC, but none so far have paid attention to the details like this place.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rainey70
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you Rainey for the lovely review on this recent stay!

We are so pleased to hear you found the hotel outstanding, beautiful and immaculately clean!
All amazing feedback and our entire team thanks you and appreciates the kind words.

We focus on truly exceeding expectations on the small details in our luxury boutique hotel.
I am so pleased that this had such a nice impact on your stay,

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again with us in Victoria.

The Magnolia Hotel & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel is a gem, and the on-site restaurant "Catalano" is superb. We met our friends, who live in Victoria, there for dinner and they were astounded that they didn't know about the restaurant. They said they will definitely spread the word. The food was exquisitely prepared and presented, and the menu also features cicchetti (the Italian version of tapas) which were scrumptious, and allow one to try a variety of things and to share. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear ymilawd

Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay.
I'm thrilled to hear you found our luxury boutique hotel such a "gem".
Also, thanks kindly for the restaurant feedback, it is a lovely restaurant with such a talented and creative chef and excellent service team. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your meals and the tasty cicchetti.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon,

If I can be of personal assistance at any time, please let me know.

Email: GM@Magnoliahotel.com
Terrace
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

In Victoria for work once again. The weather was amazing, sunshine and blue sky for the entire week. Fresh seafood, amazing restaurants, good coffee, seagulls squawking and the sound of the waterfront every day. Ensure that you try Ferris's oyster bar and Pagliacchi's, Indian Bistro, The Noodle Box, and the best for last Bin 4 Burger Lounge!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jason S
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and I had a last minute trip to Victoria and the hotel we usually stay at was booked. We found the Magnolia and are very glad we did. It was a very busy weekend in Victoria as the dragon boat festival was in town. We arrived way too early for our check in but were greeted warmly, all of the staff are beyond courteous and professional, I mean all of the staff, everyone we saw in the halls or anywhere were so kind always going out of their way to ask how we were and it was genuine. So even though we were early they were able to do some juggling and got us in right away…yay! The hotel is gorgeous lots of wood details, everywhere you look it is all very tasteful and elegant we immediately felt at home. The room was such a treat! high quality everything, beautiful furniture, I even loved the carpet, so tastefully decorated, and the beds are amazing!! From our room you could see across to the parliament buildings, everything was perfect. this hotel is a short block from the water front so we were close to everything. When we went out and came back they had left us complimentary chocolates,tasty apples and fresh bottled water, nice touch! The sleep was unparalleled I needed no adjustment night to get used to the bed, it was so quiet and comfortable I immediately fell into a deep undisturbed sleep. No detail is overlooked, slippers, robe you actually get a Cable box so you can listen to music channels watch movies and get a great selection of channels, so easy to use, Kuerig coffee machine,and once again…first class service, valet parking I could go on and on. Needless to say we now have a new go to Hotel in Victoria, we will stay here every time. What a find!! Thank you Magnolia

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank S9301IHjamesh
Thanks James for this review.

I'm so pleased to hear you've found a new hotel in Victoria and hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Your review is so detailed and lovely and it is kind of you to share in such. Thank you!

If I can be of personal service at any time in booking a return visit or assisting in any way, please let me know. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Email: GM@Magnoliahotel.com
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Magnolia in April and it was superb! We were so happy we stayed in a smaller boutique hotel instead of the older classic hotels in Victoria. The staff were excellent and the rooms were clean and bright. The beds were super comfortable and the pillows and duvets were so soft. It was like sleeping on clouds! Our room had a bathtub and the hotel provided complimentary spa goodies such as bath salts and bubble bath (upon request). Because the hotel also has a spa everything was Aveda products. What a nice perk!

Each room is well equipped with plugs so if you're there for business you should have no problems staying charged and connected. The location is great. You're literally 2-3 blocks from the harbor and walking distance to Beacon Hill Park.

The complimentary breakfast was great. There were many options so if you have dietary restrictions you should have no problems.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel was a very good choice for its location, service, elegancy and comfort. The room had everything we needed it (tea facilities and fridge too). Located close to town, we could explore Victoria with walking distances!! I must say the services was outstanding as last day precisely I forgot my mobile in the room and I realised in the middle of the trip to Vancouver. I called them and the hotel arrange to send my mobile by post to Vernon as we were going to explore the Rockies. I highly appreciated their effort to send my phone to another town!!! Many thanks

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights here in May of 2014. We had also come here early in 2013 as well. The room was large and the bed was terrific. Cable box had all the same channels as back home which was a pleasant surprise. Free movie channels as well as opposed to Pay On Demand movies which was appreciated. The Kuerig coffee maker should be mandatory in every hotel room. Staff were attentive and always ready to please. They were concerned as much about our next visit as they were about our current visit. As stated, excellent location and only steps to the inner harbor. We booked using a "pay now, see name of hotel later" website but with the attentive service I would gladly pay the advertised room rates. This is not something I would normally say.

Room Tip: higher floors may funnel street noise to your window. Find a room facing East if possible.