We had a wonderful stay here. Our room was large and modern, we even had a couch and easy chair. We were here for a wedding and some of our friends did say their rooms were very small, so I think the room size is variable. Everything was sparkling clean and the staff was very friendly. There is no iron in the room, but the staff will bring an iron and board up to your room if you call them. The best part is that we only paid $90 a night!! (I think the smaller rooms are $80). I've paid so much more to stay in much shabbier places. The location is perfect. We took the Clipper to Victoria and we were able to walk to the hotel comfortably, even with our roller luggage. There is a liquor store and tons of fun restaurants and bars right in the hotel. The Wedding was in the hotel and it was lovely. The food was tasty and the staff did a very good job. The continental breakfast is free but wasn't quite satisfying enough so we did go out to breakfast after we got our free coffee and bagels. I would definitely stay here again if I was going to Victoria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strathcona Hotel is located ion the heart of downtown Victoria within walking distance of the Empress Hotel and Victoria Conference Centre, Royal BC Museum, Victoria's beautiful Inner Harbour and downtown shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Strathcona Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathcona Hotel Victoria
- The Strathcona Hotel Victoria, Vancouver Island