While the rooms themselves weren't all that impressive (the beds were comfortable, however), the staff more than made up for that. The housekeepers were like ninjas - everytime we left our room for more than an hour, we came back to it fully cleaned and stocked, and they did a fantastic job each time. The front desk staff were professional and friendly, and we never waited more than a couple of minutes, at any time of day or night, for assistance. The bar, though a bit seedy looking, was tons of fun - the waitresses were all adorable and super accommodating, the bartender (manager?) was a really nice guy (and not at all hard on the eyes) that not only put up with our obnoxious impromptu Lethbridge reunion, but did it with a smile, and a ton of chicken wings and beer. The food was pretty standard bar fare, but it was well done, and they will cook you pretty well anything you can name, if they have the ingredients. Check in and out was fast and friendly, and there was free coffee in the lobby every morning. All in all, an excellent experience, at a more than reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an 80 room boutique style hotel, centrally located on the Gorge Waterway only minutes to the Inner Harbour. Our rates very competitive and we offer exceptional value for money. Our features include: Free Internet Access, Indoor Pool, Fitness Room, Kitchen Suites, Free Parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson City Hotel Victoria
- Howard Johnson Victoria
- Victoria Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Victoria Vancouver Island