“Hotel Centre???”

Howard Johnson Hotel Victoria
Ranked #43 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
bay area , ca
Reviewed 9 August 2005

This hotel is ok if you don't mind being out of the city center. Honestly, after going on former trip advisor's comments, I'd have thought that would have been mentioned. Without a car, it's a long taxi ride. The hotel staff was nice enough and the room adequate, but why others said they extended their time at this hotel, I can't imagine. There are far more choices closer in, many of which sound considerably better at almost the same price-I'd say, Keep Looking.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 2 August 2005

I stayed at the Hojo City Center for 2 nights in July, 2005.

Upon check-in, I requested a change to my reservation as I now needed a smoking room. No problems...they gave me the large 2-room suite, one room had two double beds and the other had a sofa bed and kitchen. It was spacious and comfortable, and was really an improvement over the standard room. We even had a view of the harbor and lots of trees outside of our window.

The room was clean, and had a full kitchen with a stove, fridge, microwave and pots/pans/dishes. There was also a small dining table and chairs. Perfect for a family vacation.

The staff there was so friendly, every time I saw someone in the hall or the elevator, they greeted me with a smile and genuinely wanted to help with anything that I needed. I really wasn't expecting very much from a Hojo since I've had some bad experiences with them in the US, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The location was ok for me, it's actually fairly quiet there since it's away from the downtown area. It's a little far to walk to the inner harbor and the shops and restaurants, but I didn't mind driving downtown. It only took a few minutes and I had no problems finding parking.

There is a restaurant/bar in the lobby area. It seemed nice, but I never ate there.

Overall, I really liked my stay at this hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there again if I returned to Victoria.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank Mars_Hotel
Reviewed 29 July 2005

My mother and I visited Victoria for the first time July 19th - 21st. The city is beautiful. Downtown is only a 10 minute bus ride from the hotel. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was clean and some place to lay our heads. The downside was the noisy air condition units. If you are looking for some place affordable to stay in expensive Canada, then Howard Johnson is your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2005

Reviewed 27 October 2004

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 September 2004

1  Thank Akarim
Travellers also viewed these Victoria hotels
Ramada Victoria
#30 of 47 in Victoria
Sandman Hotel Victoria
Sandman Hotel Victoria
#41 of 47 in Victoria

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Hotel Victoria

Address: 310 Gorge Rd E, Victoria, British Columbia V8T 2W2, Canada (Formerly Howard Johnson City Center)
Region: Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver Island > Victoria Capital Regional District > Victoria > Burnside
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #43 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Price Range: £35 - £88 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Howard Johnson Hotel Victoria 3*
We are an 80 room boutique style hotel, centrally located on the Gorge Waterway only minutes to the Inner Harbour. Our rates very competitive and we offer exceptional value for money. Our features include: Free Internet Access, Indoor Pool, Fitness Room, Kitchen Suites, Free Parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson City Hotel Victoria